Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I have a list of the easily cracked usernames & passwords. 286k of them.
They were not salted only MD5.

If you used the site I hope you had good security practices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zackcat
Nov 28, 2009

Let me tell you about Silent Hill Visual Novels~
cue a lot of people flipping out.

Weren't they about to close down their DL servers too? Man can't catch a break.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Zackcat posted:

cue a lot of people flipping out.

Weren't they about to close down their DL servers too? Man can't catch a break.

They got a $1800 donation so the download servers got to stay up.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
My Anime List, Mangaupdates, AniDB, Anime News Network possibly compromised too now.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Good to know.

I... don't actually remember if i ever signed up on that site. Is there a list of compromised usernames? Or can you tell me if my name's on the list.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

HenryEx posted:

Good to know.

I... don't actually remember if i ever signed up on that site. Is there a list of compromised usernames? Or can you tell me if my name's on the list.

Consider yourself compromised, I wont link the MT list I have cause that would be silly.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Now if only i could remember which password i used on that site so i can change it in other places. :v:

Actually, i'll PM you about it if you have the list.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Even if your password isn't cracked now, it inevitably will be.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
I only have an account on anidb. Good thing it uses a unique keepass pw.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
fuckin' anime

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Snowden's gone too far this time...

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Snowden's goon too far this time...

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the animepocalypse...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 6, 2014

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Oh god. I made an account back in 2009 and have no idea which password I used.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Probably a good thing that I don't know what half of these are. :smugdog:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

due to this gif I went and watched all 25 episodes of this show in two days gently caress you

really good show though.

Sucks that people got hacked apparently? Do not understand why you'd even sign up for a manga site though.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

Sucks that people got hacked apparently? Do not understand why you'd even sign up for a manga site though.

Because short of following scanlator sites directly it was the only way to download quality scans of currently releasing stuff.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Back in the day mangatraders had some manga that literally no other side had.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I have no idea if I signed up for any of those sites. Thanks for warning everyone though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's really only a worry if you use the same password on every site.

Fortunately, all of my passwords are different magical girls followed by 42069, so I'm good.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
U-level canon or S-level canon magical girls?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Reminder to use LastPass or 1Password as those are the only sane ways to make sure that you use different passwords on different websites.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

KittyEmpress posted:

due to this gif I went and watched all 25 episodes of this show in two days gently caress you

really good show though.

You're quite welcome! :) More people should watch shows like Log Horizon.

Weaboostomper58
May 22, 2014

Did somebody just say "Weaboo?" 'Cause I think I just heard someone say "Weaboo."
I for one am glad this has happened.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

really good show though.

Log Horizon's what Sword Art Online would've been if it wasn't a piece of poo poo.

Poke
Mar 1, 2004
Any other site that has recent scans you can download?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So is MT down for good?

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

The Devil Tesla posted:

Reminder to use LastPass or 1Password as those are the only sane ways to make sure that you use different passwords on different websites.

This. A thousand times this. Or KeePass + dropbox for the cheap.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I think people should take their cues from the Spaceballs school of password protection.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

I searched around to see if there was any news about this, and I found a post that has a good summary: http://roosterteeth.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=2255953

According to some of the info collected there, Mangatraders' owner has outright given up. The site is dead and won't be coming back, although there's a slight possibility of some people setting up a substitute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Van Dine posted:

I searched around to see if there was any news about this, and I found a post that has a good summary: http://roosterteeth.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=2255953

According to some of the info collected there, Mangatraders' owner has outright given up. The site is dead and won't be coming back, although there's a slight possibility of some people setting up a substitute.

This sucks, mangatraders was a really top notch site.

• Locked thread