Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Refs?
This poll is closed.
refs 11 13.75%
Refs! 3 3.75%
REFS!!!!!!!!! 9 11.25%
REFS?!? 16 20.00%
REEEEFFFFSSSSSS *argh* 41 51.25%
Total: 80 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

WEREWAIF posted:

I hate unscheduled fireworks so much

And my kids are asleep dammit! poo poo. I got old...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

"Look on my dunks, ye mighty, and despair."

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
This shot was just ridiculous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59x3bkFWo4

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Spurs 1st Half Shot Chart

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Malloreon posted:

Print it out and frame it. There may never be another such beautiful shot chart.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Watched the Spurs win while drinking Dogfish Head 120 minute on draught. Today was a good day.

Bleeding silver and black... and pink, orange, and teal.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 11, 2014

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

MourningView posted:

Fans desperately want to believe that crowds have a bigger impact on the game than they actually do because it makes them feel important and like they're actually part of the team. "Yeah man, we totally willed the team to a win there. We carried LeBron. WE won that title!"

Fans think they will the team to victory, but they actually will the officials to favorable calls.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Malloreon posted:

God drat, that's just NASTY.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

americong posted:

refs were excellent (I was rooting spurs)

dongsbot 9000 posted:

chuck on nbatv: "there was some really terrible officiating today"

They were pretty bad for that 5 minute stretch in the third when our boy got probated, but they recovered. I was getting nervous they were going to really fall apart like they did for that stretch in game 2. It seems like two times in this series so far where the refs needed a timeout to gather themselves instead of the players. I guess refs can start panicing and and messing up just like players. Overall the game was well officiated, but that one stretch was a bit rough. I am not sure what Chuck is talking about, there have been tons of games which were worse.

(I hope this does not count as probation worthy)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WEREWAIF posted:

I hate unscheduled fireworks so much

Have you checked to see if you are maybe a Golden Retriever?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lockback posted:

Have you checked to see if you are maybe a Golden Retriever?

Air Bud is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
When I was a kid and didn't know the difference between how fireworks and guns sounded, and had constant "hey don't shoot your gun in the air it kills people!" commercials I used to run for the doorjam when unscheduled fireworks happened. Not sure why I thought the doorstop would protect me but it's a CA thing.

• Locked thread