Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"Surprise! Planeptune Octopuses! ...And bikinis."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
minerva's den, because it was helmed by one of the lead designers for Gone Home, and is thus one degree of separation from Art

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Artorias of the Abyss

end thread

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
All of them since they give more shelf life to games that otherwise would only be fresh and forgotten in 4 hours.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

the Mecha Zangief costume

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
if you say anything but Horse Armor i'll blow a gasket

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
any duke nukem forever dlc
GOTM 2000-3000

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

hey do mods count for downloadable content?

cause if they do then bob's big boobied bonanza for skyrim was my favorite dlc

al-azad
May 28, 2009

either the mod for nox that turned it into online gauntlet legends or shivering isles or my personal favorite the dead rising 2 gamebreaker dlc, $5 for cheat codes and you can't even save your game

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
horse armor but unironically

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
where do we draw the line? is opposing force or blue poo poo dlc? is dlc small things that is onlky digital and downloadable and we discount dlc that is on physical media?

pls elaborate, i'm writing a thesis on games

al-azad
May 28, 2009

pyrrho posted:

where do we draw the line? is opposing force or blue poo poo dlc? is dlc small things that is onlky digital and downloadable and we discount dlc that is on physical media?

pls elaborate, i'm writing a thesis on games

dlc has the same definition as art

anything you create with the intention of being dlc is dlc. that includes good, high quality content but it's mostly poo poo in jars, upside down toilets, and ce n'est pas un jeu vidéo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

al-azad posted:

dlc has the same definition as art

anything you create with the intention of being dlc is dlc. that includes good, high quality content but it's mostly poo poo in jars, upside down toilets, and ce n'est pas un jeu vidéo

ty, this helps with my dissertation on video games in scoeity. so far it looks like this:

The Cultural Impact of Video Games on Soceity; Are Video Games Worthwhile as an Extension of Vintage
Pasttimes and Given Time Can they Stand Head and Shoulders with the Great Masterpieces of the Past?

No.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

───────────────███───────────────
─────────────██▀─▀██─────────────
───────────██▀─────▀██───────────
─────────██▀──▄▄▄▄▄──▀██─────────
───────██▀──▄▀─────▀▄──▀██───────
─────██▀──▄▀───███───▀▄──▀██─────
───██▀────▀▄───▀▀▀───▄▀────▀██───
─██▀────────▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀────────▀██─
█▀─────────────────────────────▀█
█████████████████████████████████

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
the one that costs ten dollars and lasts just as many minutes

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The grinding map dlc for fire emblem awakening

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mazed posted:

the Mecha Zangief costume

good pick

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Indulge your Sims with the sweet and vibrant style of Katy Perry. The Sims™ 3 Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats pack showcases a vast range of décor items, furniture, and, of course, fabulous fashions and hairstyles! Inspired by Katy’s real-life clothing and props, these fun furnishings, décor, and fashions will add a dash of sweet style to your Sims’ lives. Packed with more stuff than you have ever seen, your Sims will also enjoy three all-new spectacular venues including a local hangout, a town park, and a neighborhood swimming pool—each decked out in delicious Katy Perry style!

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
has there ever been horse armor dlc for any subsequent elder scrolls game

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008
My favorite DLC is the SDK for Saints Row 3 and 4 that NEVER CAME OUT THANKS IDOLNINJA.

just kidding I didn't buy SR4 anyway gently caress that poo poo.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Neurolimal posted:

minerva's den, because it was helmed by one of the lead designers for Gone Home, and is thus one degree of separation from Art

Gone Home had multiple lead designers?

What the gently caress.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Falsum posted:

Gone Home had multiple lead designers?

What the gently caress.

i thought there was another lady who was sharing lead designer role with him but wiki says no, guess she does something else, woopsie

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

i thought there was another lady who was sharing lead designer role with him but wiki says no, guess she does something else, woopsie

She's the lesbian star

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I read that as post your favorite dic

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I really liked the Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 expansion packs. THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
does dead rising's case zero count? that was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Roleplaying addons for any mmo

• Locked thread