Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

my favorite water level is Croctopus Chase in donkey kong country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
all water levels blend together to a terrible watery mess in my head

except the one in banjo-tooie. that one was so bad that it just brought my interest in the game to a screeching halt even as a kid

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

HE HATES IT

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

One weird water level trick, discovered by a mom.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Office Thug posted:

nono it wasnt a hard temple, just tedious and poo poo with loads of backtracking and a bad boss that grabs you with a 10 second animation that deals like 2 hearts of damage.

majoras mask is still pretty good though

You don't have to backtrack at all unless you missed something, both n64 water temples worked this way

also you can totally shoot ice arrows at the water and jump to the boss key without beating the mini boss.

and if you're into cheating there is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu6X-L-OKFU

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 16, 2014

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.

Suspicious Dish posted:

When is the forest level the first level? I can't think of any examples

http://youtu.be/OtfGOI7rqR0?t=30s

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

the bloopers are funny and cute

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
gently caress every water level in Ecco 1 & 2.

beaten. I'm seriously replaying Ecco 1 right now, besides Sonic 1-3/Knuckles it was the only Sega game I really liked. I would like to try and actually beat 2 even if the "3d world runner" levels were terrible; I could never get past the Medusa because I assumed he was a boss and that I was supposed to beat him.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 16, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

So am I the only one who had that loving Sonic countdown timer stuck in their head while reading this?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Kimmalah posted:

So am I the only one who had that loving Sonic countdown timer stuck in their head while reading this?

Ugh. Looks like I shan't be sleeping tonight. :stonkhat:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Kimmalah posted:

You linked this 10 second sound clip of some dootley doots and now I hate you and also can't sleep.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I forget, could super/hyper sonic get around that? I remember Super/Hyper were perfectly capable of chasing Robotnik through the vacuum of space at the end of Sonic 3/Knuckles.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

He drowned on purpose

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they should rename this forum to the sewer level

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Sir John Feelgood posted:

He drowned on purpose

Well it is titled "Let's Drown."

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
i cant stand water levels especially in sonic because the drowning music scarred me for life as a child

The Man From Melmac fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 18, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dexters Secret posted:

i cant stand water levels especially in sonic because the drowning music scarred me for life as a child
what the gently caress happened to your avatar

have you betrayed us for BYOB

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Kimmalah posted:

Well it is titled "Let's Drown."
I know i just couldnt believe it

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Y-Hat posted:

what the gently caress happened to your avatar

have you betrayed us for BYOB

idk someone bought it for me

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

big duck equals goose posted:

I said the water level/temple is the hardest moment in Zelda gaming, maybe the hardest level in gaming history and this jerk said I was quote "a stupid pussy baby who can't game and a retarded scrub rear end human being who thinks Kirby is probly hard" unquote and I'm not sure how I should kick his rear end to death. Thoughts?

Office Thug posted:

the water temple in majoras mask is actually somehow way worse than the one in OoT. the boss especially was a huge turd since you had to jump in the water to fight him and he had a near-unavoidable grab that he would use over and over

this thread is loving lousy with noobs.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
your tears just make me angry

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

i thought the design in x-com terror from the deep was way loving cooler than x-com

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Abandon posted:

this thread is loving lousy with noobs.

Yeah the 3d Zelda water temples I've played (haven't done skyward bored) all have a really cool design mechanic that as long as you don't progress the sequence of the dungeons state without doing everything possible first, you don't need to backtrack. But if you do its all hosed and you back track for days.

It's a cool way to reward people who aren't rushing through or to feel like a god drat wizard on your second play through.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I'm a god drat wizard.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

red plastic cup posted:

Water levels are almost as bad as Ice levels. They're both bad, but on a whole I believe Ice levesl are worse.

I think the water temple in ocarina wasn't that bad compared to the place in zelda spit tracks where they put 5 concurrent hands and you could not fight them because you had to carry a key or something.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
you know what game didn't have a water level?
dynamite headdy
you know what game owns?
dynamite headdy

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dynamite lovely

sexy cougar on the prowl
Dec 31, 2008
water levels are actually insanely good, unless they overlap with sewer levels

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013