Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Have you tried raping and unraping the alien robot sir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Whiskey Sours posted:

What if they're alien robots?

it would be cool if we discovered a nearby dark patch in the galaxy and then found out it was getting bigger as stars went dark in an ever expanding sphere around a central point. then when it reached us it was an exponentially growing nanotechnology experiment gone catastrophically wrong :spergin::monocle:

adamvanwildest
Jun 13, 2014
If Aliens had the technology to come to our planet.. .then yes, they would kill us.

Who would win in a war... Man or Animals... the smartest will win.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

No. 6 posted:

Have you tried raping and unraping the alien robot sir?

that never loving works until i call tech support hth

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If the aliens came it would be the modern equivalent of Cortez's conquest of the Aztecs.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Aliens wouldn't even have to waste ammo on us. They could just throw any of the rocks floating out there at us. And if we sent Bruce Willis to blow up that rock they could easily just throw another big rock at us. They could keep doing that till we're dead. It's pathetic how easy it would be for them to kill us.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Iamblikhos posted:

again, you're forgetting about the option of generation ships

Yeah I guess that's true. I was just reading about generation ships and had my mind blown: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wait_Calculation.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Unguided posted:

If the aliens came it would be the modern equivalent of Cortez's conquest of the Aztecs.

Does that mean the aliens would eventually get their asses handed to them during the World Cup?

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE
i just hope that when aliens invade they are all as dreamy as garrus vakarian

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I hope they all look like Jeff Goldblum.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

THS posted:

it would be cool if we discovered a nearby dark patch in the galaxy and then found out it was getting bigger as stars went dark in an ever expanding sphere around a central point. then when it reached us it was an exponentially growing nanotechnology experiment gone catastrophically wrong :spergin::monocle:

isn't this a movie with bruce willis?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

idk its my fav apocalyptic scenario tho

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Don't see how nano-machines could beat the gravity and radiation of a star, but sure, why not?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Didn't Gargoyles have some nano-machine doomsday scenario at some point? Or was that The Phantom?

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
weed probably wouldn't work on aliens

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Light-Bearer posted:

war of the worlds was the only plausible scenario in which humans win

what about signs

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

uG posted:

more for me then

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

uG posted:

or what if it probably does/will

maybe the aliens would be made of something we could smoke and we decimate them in a global dutch oven

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Light-Bearer posted:

war of the worlds was the only plausible scenario in which humans win

your wrong

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Im playing xenonauts its pretty cool, the aliens kill us

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
maybe the aliens are with us now and we just cant recognise that they are organisms and not say, bridges or something

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay

Flubby posted:

Aliens wouldn't even have to waste ammo on us. They could just throw any of the rocks floating out there at us. And if we sent Bruce Willis to blow up that rock they could easily just throw another big rock at us. They could keep doing that till we're dead. It's pathetic how easy it would be for them to kill us.

We will just keep cloning more Bruce Willises

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Morkyz posted:

your wrong

His wrong what?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

uG posted:

jihad against them

for the weed gods

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

ScratchAndSniff posted:

What if the aliens come from a species which does not even understand war the way we do? Like they come from a planet where nothing kills other things, and the whole concept is foreign to them. They would meet us and think "Oh! Another intelligent race? It must think exactly like we do, since that is all we can fathom. I will try to communicate by gently poking it, as is my custom." and then we think "Oh poo poo, issa fish frog thingy. Kill it!" and then Pa blows the alien away. Then the entire alien race thinks "oh, wow. That human must have accidentally killed our friend while it was trying to communicate. What a strange race this is! Let's try to gently poke them and hopefully they will get the message" and then we will kill them all and the last one to die will think "oh, that poor human must feel so awkward after destroying the last of our race! I wish I could poke him to apologize."

That, or the first aliens to reach us will be so far away from their homeworld that we will all be dead and gone by the time the rest of their race can avenge their deaths. Think about it: when we visited the moon did we bring guns? Hell no. If moon monsters killed the first astronauts, there wouldn't be a drat thing we could do about it, and by the time we got the technology to nuke the moon, why would we even bother? All the moon monsters which killed the first astronauts would be dead by then anyway, and they're just stupid moon monsters. It's not like nuking the moon would fix anything.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

No. 6 posted:

His wrong what?

his wrong post

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Waroduce posted:

How to avoid interaction with women

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

jihad against them

for the weed gods

weed for the weed gods

and funyuns

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
its like a nerd really liked Zdzislaw Beksinski

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

bekskinski owns

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Christmas Miracle posted:

bekskinski owns

he totally does

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
according to my Mass Effect fanfiction we have sex with the aliens and then deck them with a swift left hook
it's pretty sweet

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

according to my Mass Effect fanfiction we have sex with the aliens and then deck them with a swift left hook
it's pretty sweet

He decked a human woman and in the end got cucked by a legless guy!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
i didn't like that ending so i wrote my own

IsaoHung
Jun 9, 2013

Everything they said is true
No one has brought up the reverse War of the Worlds theory yet. Unless the post about Cortez was supposed to cover that.
I mean sure our bacteria could be deadly to them, but what about their version of the common cold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
They would kill us before we knew they were trying to kill us.

• Locked thread