Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

http://thisispcprivilege.tumblr.com

At first i was sure this was a joke, but this guy sure writes a lot of loving words.

edit: Read some more and im sure it is a joke, but the guy seems mentally ill regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
I swear I’ve had it up to here with these elitists! This one really struck a nerve with me. The smugness, the hate, and many other things about this post that make it especially disgusting.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Why I am boycotting Rockstar Games:
Grand Theft Auto V… What was once the most impenetrable defense for console gaming has been rendered powerless by the corporate greed of Rockstar Games as they cave to gluttonous demands of privileged PC elitists everywhere.
I am heartbroken. I am completely and utterly distraught over the news at E3; the loss of our once beautiful and flawless pinnacle of console gaming. I am trying hard to hold back the tears, but the thought of these elitists taking what was rightfully our game and raping it with their nasty mods, vile hacks, and judging it with their shallow elitist standards makes me want to tear my hair out.
Even worse, greedy PC elitists have not only hijacked the masterpiece console exclusive that was Grand Theft Auto V, but a devastating graphical overall effectively ruining the cinematic optimized charm of the original game has also spoiled it.
I for one will not stand for this. I will not accept my console exclusives being stolen from me. I will not accept Rockstar games lying to me about the game’s exclusivity and then diminishing the relevance of my platform with their bullshit elitism-enabling ways.
I urge everyone reading this to boycott Rockstar games, never buy another product from them again. They promised GTAV would be a console exclusive; they lied. They gave us breathtakingly gorgeous optimized cinematic graphics and painted them as the pinnacle of gaming in a world hell bent on reducing games to arbitrary elitist numbers. It was a beacon of hope in defense of humble optimized resolutions and down-to-earth cinematic frame-rates. It proclaimed, “NO, elitists! You are wrong! 30 fps and below as well as 720p is just as beautiful as anything else and our game proves it!”
But now, Rockstar Games has abandoned everything they once stood for. They have succumbed to the PC establishment’s graphical industrial complex and are now submitting to the demands of insatiable elitists who only care for an excessive amount of arbitrary pixels and frames. Gone is the charm of a game so optimized and filmic. Destroyed is our mod-free paradise. Rockstar gave console gaming the middle finger, so I’m giving them the middle finger right here, right now! gently caress you, Rockstar Games, you PC privilege enabling pieces of greedy corporate poo poo!

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
someone buy this guy an account

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Action Tortoise posted:

Grand Theft Auto V… What was once the most impenetrable defense for console gaming has been rendered powerless by the corporate greed of Rockstar Games as they cave to gluttonous demands of privileged PC elitists everywhere.
I am heartbroken. I am completely and utterly distraught over the news at E3; the loss of our once beautiful and flawless pinnacle of console gaming. I am trying hard to hold back the tears, but the thought of these elitists taking what was rightfully our game and raping it with their nasty mods, vile hacks, and judging it with their shallow elitist standards makes me want to tear my hair out.
Even worse, greedy PC elitists have not only hijacked the masterpiece console exclusive that was Grand Theft Auto V, but a devastating graphical overall effectively ruining the cinematic optimized charm of the original game has also spoiled it.
I for one will not stand for this. I will not accept my console exclusives being stolen from me. I will not accept Rockstar games lying to me about the game’s exclusivity and then diminishing the relevance of my platform with their bullshit elitism-enabling ways.
I urge everyone reading this to boycott Rockstar games, never buy another product from them again. They promised GTAV would be a console exclusive; they lied. They gave us breathtakingly gorgeous optimized cinematic graphics and painted them as the pinnacle of gaming in a world hell bent on reducing games to arbitrary elitist numbers. It was a beacon of hope in defense of humble optimized resolutions and down-to-earth cinematic frame-rates. It proclaimed, “NO, elitists! You are wrong! 30 fps and below as well as 720p is just as beautiful as anything else and our game proves it!”
But now, Rockstar Games has abandoned everything they once stood for. They have succumbed to the PC establishment’s graphical industrial complex and are now submitting to the demands of insatiable elitists who only care for an excessive amount of arbitrary pixels and frames. Gone is the charm of a game so optimized and filmic. Destroyed is our mod-free paradise. Rockstar gave console gaming the middle finger, so I’m giving them the middle finger right here, right now! gently caress you, Rockstar Games, you PC privilege enabling pieces of greedy corporate poo poo!

But original 2D grand theft auto came out on the PC.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Salty peasants

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Taint Reaper posted:

But original 2D grand theft auto came out on the PC.
there's no arguing with religious people

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
It's definitely a joke, but this guy writes a shitload. It reads like a protracted Kelly cartoon.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

You know what's better than playing a game on your 4k monitor?

Getting laid

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!
I am white
I am male
I am cis-gendered
I am heterosexual
And I play on the PC

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I didn't reqd anything in that tumblr

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy

The Flying Milton posted:

You know what's better than playing a game on your 4k monitor?

Getting laid

not rly

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

At least TobleroneTriangular was entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

same

• Locked thread