Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
do u like sa
This poll is closed.
it's a good message board 4 80.00%
it's no reddit but it'll do 0 0%
hmm...not sure op 1 20.00%
Total: 5 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
after reading this unexpectedly heartfelt message from lowtax, i wanted to express how grateful i am to him, the moderation team and for somethingawful in general. i joined back in 2008 after the presidential election and have been on SA almost daily since then. when i go a period without internet, after checking emails and stuff, SA is my first stop. i sometimes have multiple threads open in different tabs. in addition to daily entertainment and information, i also found my tax preparer and advice for all the various small questions in life, from piano technique to how to most effectively use my GI bill.

i've gotten a few people to buy accounts over the years, but none of them have become regular posters or anything. i like SA because as dumb as it may sound it really is a tight-knit community, with some seriously hilarious inside jokes that are really only understood on these message boards.

so yes, it is a good forums, and i'm sure the problems will be fixed soon, and they're not a big deal anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
ps bring back lf

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

baw posted:

ps bring back lf

kill this man

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
While I thank you for the appreciation, I don't really deserve any of it until all the outstanding issues are fixed. The people who deserve thanks are you guys, for sticking around during all these issues, and the other mods and admins, for thanklessly trying to do their jobs despite the situation.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

baw posted:

ps bring back helldump

Also, having briefly been a mod years ago of a far less prickly and combatitive forum than this one, I'd rather smash my own dick in with a hammer than deal with the sort of poo poo mods and admins here must put up with, so gently caress yeah, support your community and the people that make it work or :getout: because if they didn't do it, poo poo would look like reddit and who wants that poo poo.

• Locked thread