Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
So, apparently this didn't make the news anywhere other than Los Angeles back in May. Jackson charged with murdering his mother's long-time boyfriend, Frank Herrera.

http://www.losangelesregister.com/articles/jackson-599361-herrera-football.html

A few quotes from the article:

Los Angeles Register posted:

On Friday, Jackson quietly entered a courthouse in downtown Los Angeles in a yellow shirt and blue pants issued by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and was charged with murder.

Jackson came to California and spent several weeks bouncing between his great-uncle’s house in Los Angeles and the apartment his mother and Herrera shared in Santa Monica.

On Sept. 11, Herrera was supposed to drive Jackson to his great-uncle’s house in the afternoon, Tesra Jackson testified. She saw Herrera in the morning before she left for the day. She said she never saw him alive again.

Tesra Jackson said she tried unsuccessfully to reach Herrera that night but discovered his phone was turned off. Then, on Sept. 14, she went over to her uncle’s house and saw Herrera’s car parked nearby, she testified.

Inside the car she could see flies and noticed a distinct smell. Police discovered Herrera’s body underneath a blanket, the cord from a lamp wrapped around his neck.

Investigators say video surveillance from Jackson and Herrera’s building shows a man exit an elevator on the afternoon of the Sept. 11 dragging a large bundle.

Janzen Jackson told police he was the person in the footage, but that the bag was part of a workout routine, Los Angeles police Detective David Torres testified at the preliminary hearing earlier this spring.

Former Everything fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Who was Herrera? From the article it sounds like he was Janzen's mother's bf or room mate?

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

SlipUp posted:

Who was Herrera? From the article it sounds like he was Janzen's mother's bf or room mate?

Mother's long-time boyfriend, per the article. Edited my post to be more clear.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Anyone else find it funny that the Sheriff's Department makes inmates where UCLA colors?

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
I remember Janzen at UT. He got cut from the team for various reasons. Apparently, he made it to the NFL with the Giants for like 3 weeks before getting cut. It sounds like he has already admitted his own guilt from the article. How long has he been in custody?

• Locked thread