Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

The Sphinxster posted:

Numbers are sagging. Priorities of the project seem odd. Methinks they opened up too soon.

What's been going on with it? I haven't been playing at all and don't think I'll be coming back-too much of a time sink.

I think everyone was thinking it would be like eqmac at the start, even though they said it wouldn't, and now people are thinking "holy poo poo, we've probably got years until it's up to eqmac status. gently caress this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Did they ever fix that issue with player AC not working properly or whatever it was? Leveling was pretty bullshit when it first went live

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Looking at P99, it can take many many years to get things to a proper playable state. I still think it's a fundamentally terrible idea to force people to use the hax0red EQMac client, though. It's not about the terrible client, it's about the content... just use a regular client.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
The whole thing is just kind of a joke right now. Mobs pulling through walls, hitting for max 90% of the time, server pop is super spergy even compared to P99, etc
Maybe it will be better in a few years or so, but right now P99 has it beat on sheer stability.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I gave a pass to this server due to the buggyness but that is a beta afterall.

Just started up on Live again, I upgraded all my old characters with leftover station cash. I used the heroic upgrade option and am having a blast working through the house of thule expansion group content. Lvl 80 casters with 15k hp/mana and 1k AA's instantly had lvl 85, 30k hp/mana and 4k AA's. Turnkey beatdowns ready to roll.

Also, doing old raid content is pretty fun with a box grp using innerspace/isboxer.

Rolling around with a Clr, Enc, War, Mnk, Mnk, Wiz setup with Dru and Rog swapped in when/if the situation calls. So much fun... I feel guilty.

I doubt I will get them to 105 before I lose interest but 90 looks very doable.

Herv fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 18, 2015

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

nwin posted:

What's been going on with it? I haven't been playing at all and don't think I'll be coming back-too much of a time sink.

I think everyone was thinking it would be like eqmac at the start, even though they said it wouldn't, and now people are thinking "holy poo poo, we've probably got years until it's up to eqmac status. gently caress this"

This is pretty much it. For me one of the most criminal (well, you know) things is they got follow really good and mobs path like poo poo. And los is still hosed.

I get that they're still dealing with crash bugs but I still am not sure opening up to the most cynical mmo players in the world in that state was the best idea.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

On the flip side-- pets are super good so if you are in to pet classes and classic zones....

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
Yeah, I think they should have just taken the PEQ client and removed access to anything out of era for PoP. It seems like it introduced a ton of bugs to try to use the crappy Mac client.

They went so far as to restrict registrations on the forum (I guess they were getting too many complaints) and you have to be approved now if you don't already have an account. The dev that posts the most (Speedz) seems a bit crazy and reactive.. which isn't good when dealing with a bunch of people who want to play old school EQ. The forums kind of seemed like they melted down into flame wars a month or so after it went into beta and fights over whatever loot Phinny drops. No surprise I guess?

Hope it goes somewhere, but seems like it's a long way off. I don't understand why they don't just use the PEQ client. I'd love to see a PoP era server that allowed 2-boxing, or self+1 bot.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Herv posted:

I gave a pass to this server due to the buggyness but that is a beta afterall.

Just started up on Live again, I upgraded all my old characters with leftover station cash. I used the heroic upgrade option and am having a blast working through the house of thule expansion group content. Lvl 80 casters with 15k hp/mana and 1k AA's instantly had lvl 85, 30k hp/mana and 4k AA's. Turnkey beatdowns ready to roll.

Also, doing old raid content is pretty fun with a box grp using innerspace/isboxer.

Rolling around with a Clr, Enc, War, Mnk, Mnk, Wiz setup with Dru and Rog swapped in when/if the situation calls. So much fun... I feel guilty.

I doubt I will get them to 105 before I lose interest but 90 looks very doable.
Sorry for derail (not really, who cares), but holy moly, how do you manage boxing so many melee with positioning and all? :o

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

There are 3 raiding guilds (Austerity, Destiny, Starvald) and the rotations are hosed up with possible admin hijinx.

They released poh and pof and lots of the old issues that make dungeons unplayable are still in game.

Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glotag
Apr 20, 2009
For those unhappy with TAK - I would suggest trying https://www.p2002.com. Better staff, and overall less buggy. I've been single boxing and having fun. It's not so top heavy yet and Guise of the deceiver is dropping for a limited time.

• Locked thread