Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sold out at Best Buy, Target, Toys R us, Walmart and Gamestop. The nearest Gamestop that has one is in another state :sigh:

Refurbished WII U's are on back order and are starting to ship out June 23rd 2014 :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

bef posted:

Sold out at Best Buy, Target, Toys R us, Walmart and Gamestop. The nearest Gamestop that has one is in another state :sigh:

Refurbished WII U's are on back order and are starting to ship out June 23rd 2014 :negative:

So you're complaining that you have to wait over a week for a package?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Taint Reaper posted:

So you're complaining that you have to wait over a week for a package?

Possibly. But who knows how long the back order is and when I will get my Wii U

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

bef posted:

Possibly. But who knows how long the back order is and when I will get my Wii U

i hope you get your wiiu soon. good luck op,

Dec 26, 2012

bef posted:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
you made a wise purchase and are about to partake in this Generations most powerful and epic home console experience OP

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i hope you can get your hands on a wii u soon, op

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!
I guess you can say this is a Nintendo revolution

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:qq: but but the wii u sucks and mario kart 8 is no fun and all people should do is talk about how much the xbox one sucks and not think im retarded for putting in thousands of hours into dota 2 and eve :qq:

Realtalk though the Wii U is amazing and MK8 really makes it shine especially with local multiplayer

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Wii u sold out everywhere. Wii u backordered. Wii u is gaming's hottest product. Parents picking up their kids from school trade wii u acquisition strategies. Reggie appears on morning news shows above a banner that says "Nintendo does it again". Wii U Mania causes fatal robberies in Michigan, Kansas, and Florida. Sony and microsoft look on as a sales bar with mario's grinning face on it mocks them as it ascends triumphantly into the heavens. They hold hands and weep. Iwata redeemed. Gamers rejoice.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement fellow DDRD posters. These times are tough, but I will remain vigilant in my search. Unless...

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Wii U Mania causes fatal robberies in Michigan

Dec 26, 2012

Wii u sold out everywhere. Wii u backordered. Wii u is gaming's hottest product. Parents picking up their kids from school trade wii u acquisition strategies. Reggie appears on morning news shows above a banner that says "Nintendo does it again". Wii U Mania causes fatal robberies in Michigan, Kansas, and Florida. Sony and microsoft look on as a sales bar with mario's grinning face on it mocks them as it ascends triumphantly into the heavens. They hold hands and weep. Iwata redeemed. Gamers rejoice.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

that doesn't mean anything

now let me tell you about how hard it is for me, personally, to find a ps4

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

ya

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

zen death robot posted:

so is it a good idea for me to get a wiiu if i probably wont be taking advantage of local multiplayer very much :ohdear:

Mario Kart's online is actually pretty good.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

zen death robot posted:

so is it a good idea for me to get a wiiu if i probably wont be taking advantage of local multiplayer very much :ohdear:

Well, yes. There are a lot of quality single player titles as well, even if you do not have friends.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

The Wii U is the only console worth buying. Play everything else on PC. Only smart way to do it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Wii U is the only console worth buying. Play everything else on PC. Only smart way to do it.

This really is the way to go this generation honestly

I can't think of any reason not to keep investing in my PC and keep to my 3DS/WiiU for anything console related

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just purchased a refurbished Wii U. 2 day shipping is 10 dollars, standard (5-11 business days!) is 5. I will be saving approximately $70 minus the Wii Remote (but thats ok because I have no friends) all the while receiving Nintendo Land and Mario Kart 8

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

agreed

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

"Only buy a console for the exclusives, big third party games are probably better on PC."

"The Wii U doesn't have any good third party titles."

-A goon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like both pc and console gaming. gaming in general is ok.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

I like both pc and console gaming. gaming in general is ok.

actually gaming is amazing an d maybe the coolest thing around.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
cool, another ddrd wiiu owns thread

everyone play the wonderful 101, please.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

One should always be sharing the experience of gaming.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

zen death robot posted:

actually i just dont play video games with people when they're over and most of the time when i'm with friends it's outside of anyones home - like at a baseball game or something

stop lying please

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
I know that feel OP, I went hunting for one a week ago and the store only had a Nintendo Land bundle and a Windwaker bundle.

They had maybe five PS4s and like twenty Xbox One's though lol.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

about_face posted:

and like twenty Xbox One's though lol.

I guess one isn't the loneliest number after all. :unsmith:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Wii U is literally "gaming's ambrosia"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I bought two the day they came out and sold one to some dumbass for 700 on ebay who thought they would be like the original Wii scarcity wise the day after

no regrets

• Locked thread