Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
i just got it on my new account but pretty much everyone who plays it is poo poo

any goons interesting in playing this?

edit: gently caress that shoulda said anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
go to any brony or furry's steam profile and ur pretty much guaranteed to see

tf2
dota
garrys mod

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Mung Dynasty posted:

tf2
dota
garrys mod

yeah this is pretty much the truth. bronies have taken over what were once pretty good games to gently caress around in. now you can't go 5 minutes without hearing how they wanna stick their dick inside a horse

there are good servers but you gotta find them and hope they are active

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

LaTex Fetish posted:

yeah this is pretty much the truth. bronies have taken over what were once pretty good games to gently caress around in. now you can't go 5 minutes without hearing how they wanna stick their dick inside a horse

when tf2 went f2p it all went fubar

Action Tortoise fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 20, 2014

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

LaTex Fetish posted:

that's pretty lovely. i remember there'd always be a furry or two when the goons would play TTT but they'd usually leave after everyone screams they saw them knife the detective and end up getting crowbarred to death

Action Tortoise posted:

when tf2 went f2p it all went fubar

i remember paying money for TF2 and being dissapointed in the game when it turned into Hat Fortress, but the f2p aspect is just hosed. they might as well just turn counter-strike and day of defeat f2p to just ruin everything

anyways i'll be on later if anyone wants to attempt to find a decent server to gently caress around in. http://steamcommunity.com/id/realmcopfan/

bwatts
May 28, 2013

a good solution is to make friends, and play garry's mod with them.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Mash posted:

anyways i'll be on later if anyone wants to attempt to find a decent server to gently caress around in. http://steamcommunity.com/id/realmcopfan/

I have gmod but never installed it. When I get off work I'll check your server out.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

I have gmod but never installed it. When I get off work I'll check your server out.

yeah, i tried hosting a server earlier today and it was just not going well, so we'll probably have to crash some other server

Bureaus Watts posted:

a good solution is to make friends, and play garry's mod with them.

obviously i don't have any friends if i'm posting on an internet comedy forum.

but no, they're too busy playing "better" games like league of legends or warframe

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

ill put up a server

ip: 192.168.0.1
pass: lljk

join quick assbutts

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Mung Dynasty posted:

tf2
dota
garrys mod

Oh word?

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

I heard you can make Alyx gently caress the Scout, confirm/deny?

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Scyther posted:

ill put up a server

join quick assbutts

was trying to join other servers and kept crashing before i noticed this, but i can't connect

is this assbutt too late?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Scyther posted:

ill put up a server

join quick assbutts

lol look at this idiot postin his ip address

bout to fire up that terminal, gonna be some :regd11: :smugmrgw: :rms2: if u know what I mean

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

facepunch is a cool forum

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Looke posted:

facepunch is a cool forum

on opposite day

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Mash posted:

on opposite day

:iamafag:

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

this always seemed like a really fun game but i never had other cool peeps to play it with so i just uninstalled it and gave up

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The Green Calx posted:

this always seemed like a really fun game but i never had other cool peeps to play it with so i just uninstalled it and gave up

murder and ttt are fun on it

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Looke posted:

murder and ttt are fun on it

from what i've read about murder, it's like ttt but there's a chance an innocent person spawns with a gun or something?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Mash posted:

from what i've read about murder, it's like ttt but there's a chance an innocent person spawns with a gun or something?

Pretty much yeah. Not sure what the ratio is but for every couple of innocents you'll have a murderer. One innocent will be given a gun. Some maps let you collect items to get a gun as well. It's a pretty cool game mode to be honest

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ttt is awesome and everyone loves it

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

ttt is awesome except for the fact that every server has a stupid amount of useless addons or models to download that usually don't end up getting used, then by the time you're done downloading that poo poo you get disconnected because you're missing rp_spergcity_v2 or something.

and it doesn't help to have a steam account without CSS or the HL episodes

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Mash posted:

and it doesn't help to have a steam account without CSS or the HL episodes

Why don't they just make those complimentary when you open up an account? Is there anyone with an existing steam account who looks for those games during sales?

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

Why don't they just make those complimentary when you open up an account? Is there anyone with an existing steam account who looks for those games during sales?

once i heard TF2 was going f2p i was pretty certain that CSS would soon follow, especially because CS:GO was being released soon

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 21, 2014

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

it's not like those assets are even critical to the gamemodes basic concept, but god forbid anyone makes anything for garry's mod without using css and episode assets

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
organized fuckery across gamemodes with lua aimbots and script enforcer bypass is always fun.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I remember when Gary posted that poo poo and I was all "huh cool" and never downloaded it, and now it's years later and the worldwide sensation has come and gone and gently caress if I still haven't played it, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Lamebot posted:

organized fuckery across gamemodes with lua aimbots and script enforcer bypass is always fun.

yeah, a bunch of us used that back when Goons in Terrorist Town was at it's peak. it was priceless when you'd be a traitor and turn on the aimbot for a second to destroy a whole room of people with a shotgun.

these are the only remaining videos that i can find of our traitor shenanigans. it was almost impossible to tell who was a goon because we'd change our names to something stupid every time we'd join a new server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxK2a5Su_hA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc58GDtdnpk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP-O6sKo094

it might not make sense if you've never played on these maps or if you haven't even played TTT in the first place.

• Locked thread