Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Blizzard is sending out Beta invites for the next World of Warcraft expansion: Warlords of Draenor.

quote:

Today at 2 p.m. Pacific, we’ll respawn the NPCs that teleport you to Draenor (Archmage Khadgar, located in the Trade District in Stormwind or the Valley of Strength in Orgrimmar). We’d like to get as many people as possible logging in and trying out Tanaan to stress test the environment and make sure everything works. If you have a chance to jump in, please join us!

Check your emails because I have and I got mine. I am going to be perfectly honest here: I am excited, and ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Blizzaed where is my invite this is a slap in the face??????????

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMO's are trash and World of Warcraft hasn't been good since the Burning Crusade.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
im so excited

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

I said come in! posted:

MMO's are trash and World of Warcraft hasn't been good since the Burning Crusade.

sorry but bc was bad and had lovely attunement poo poo and if you didn't like wrath you probably don't like jesus either sorry buster

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hobo Siege posted:

sorry but bc was bad and had lovely attunement poo poo and if you didn't like wrath you probably don't like jesus either sorry buster

I hate Jesus.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Wrath of the Lich King, and Ulduar were definitely the defining moment for me. So good, so memorable.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Anime Device posted:

Wrath of the Lich King, and Ulduar were definitely the defining moment for me. So good, so memorable.

i started raiding in ulduar, i stopped raiding shortly after ulduar and quit wow forever.

it was the greatest raid that ever was and ever will be

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Is Tarren Mill still the best place to PvP?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
People still play this game?

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!
One time I played world of warcraft up to level 10 as an undead guy. It was one of the most boring experiences playing a video game I have ever had. I'd rather play Euro Truck or Woodcutting Simulator or something. I understand that the appeal is playing with others, but why would you want to interact with the sort of people that play WoW?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well so do I, but BC was only partially fun to play.

Then again, World of Warcraft was only fun for me up until I hit the first level cap, after which it turned, somehow, into even worse of a grind.

And then we got Corruption up to our eyeballs.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Anime Device posted:

Ditto. I got into WoW in the rear end-end of TBC, and going into Wrath was some of the best fun I've had with internet strangers. Granted the whole jousting thing was :barf:

Cataclysm just felt like they were throwing poo poo at the wall to see what stuck, and Pandaria was pretty much a preview for if WoW ever becomes F2P. Insanely lovely grinds, and a pain in the rear end to get any usable loot unless you made it yourself over a course of weeks. Either that, or paid a insane amount of money for them. Thankfully it was just internet gold. Got me to quit though finally.

Scenarios were definitely a step in the right direction, at least until it quickly sunk in you had the same lovely odds of getting loot. Even when you got some, you couldn't send it to another character, nor sell it on the auction house to someone else if you couldn't use it. :downsgun:

Judge Bread
May 31, 2012

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED.

I said come in! posted:

MMO's are trash

Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.

Anime Device posted:

Blizzard is sending out Beta invites for the next World of Warcraft expansion: Warlords of Draenor.

Check your emails because I have and I got mine. I am going to be perfectly honest here: I am excited, and ready.

Haha wow you play WoW it explains so much.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mercury Crusader posted:

Is Tarren Mill still the best place to PvP?

Southshore was destroyed in Cata and the entire zone is horde only now, so no.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kraustofski posted:

Haha wow you play WoW it explains so much.

you play Day Z Standalone

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
Killing Arthus was the dumbest thing they ever did.

Who gave a gently caress about any other "one expansion = dead" boss.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Judge Tesla posted:

Southshore was destroyed in Cata and the entire zone is horde only now, so no.

That's dumb. Where's the best place to PvP nowadays? Or did it die with the invention of Arena and Battlegrounds as the prophets foretold?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mercury Crusader posted:

That's dumb. Where's the best place to PvP nowadays? Or did it die with the invention of Arena and Battlegrounds as the prophets foretold?

PVP only exists in MOBAS now.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Chupe Raho Aurat posted:

Killing Arthus was the dumbest thing they ever did.

Who gave a gently caress about any other "one expansion = dead" boss.

Not just killing arthus but replacing him with BURNING MAN

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Not just killing arthus but replacing him with BURNING MAN

There is plenty of potential there, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Is Jaina a raid boss yet?

• Locked thread