Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pumpie2
Nov 17, 2009
Last night I turned on my new build pc for the first time and installed windows and everything was going smoothly. Until I put in the CD to install my mobo drivers after which I received a message saying I was missing something and that I should ctrl-alt-del to restart. This would put me in an endless loop of restarts until I opened the BIOS and set my SSD (with my operating system on) as my boot preference. It now loads directly to windows but when I scroll the screen flickers and jumps and the mouse pointer has weird artifacting to it. This flickering is at its worst when I use the AMD control panel on the vga display setting tab.

Using the video card CD and driver facility I have tried updating the driver for that as well as checking my settings.

This is a brand new build but the most recent change I suppose was putting in the mobo CD.

--

Windows 7 64-bit ultimate

Intel I-5 4590 processor,
MSI H97m G23 mobo,
MSI R9 290x Gaming 2GB video card
250GB Samsung Evo 840 SSD
Seasonic 550W PSU

Wales, UK

YES

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Never install software that comes on a CD with your hardware. It is old software and will not work, you MUST use the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website. To fix this issue, uninstall whatever software you already installed through Control Panel. Install the latest Intel Chipset INF drivers, Rapid Storage Technology drivers, and USB 3.0 XHCI drivers from the Intel website. Reboot, and install the latest AMD Catalyst Beta drivers from the AMD website. Installing the correct drivers is what is most likely to actually fix the issue.

• Locked thread