Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Oh. Thanks for what

For trying to get people to stop taking it so seriously is the best way to describe it I guess

Alternatively making fun of people.that thread is painful to read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

CARRIERHASARRIVED posted:

For trying to get people to stop taking it so seriously is the best way to describe it I guess

Alternatively making fun of people.that thread is painful to read

Np.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can we start calling Supergiant the new, better Doublefine now? I want to establish a baseline for disappointment early.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

it's p. fun, you guys

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

closeted republican posted:

You don’t usually hear Candy’s voice, because it wasn’t written. Perhaps what she really has to say is more gritty than twenty Call of Duties put together.

can """"journalists"""" write anything about indie games without throwing in some random making GBS threads on call of duty, a game that has nothing to do with what they're writing about, or is it like a law i missed

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

can """"journalists"""" write anything about indie games without throwing in some random making GBS threads on call of duty, a game that has nothing to do with what they're writing about, or is it like a law i missed

Call of duty is their opposite because it's a huge budget average game while indie games are low budget average games

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

YourAverageJoe posted:

it's p. fun, you guys

show me someone who claims nitronic rush is not fun and i will show you a bitch rear end turd loser

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
like do music critics do that too? do they write about this cool new local band they found and at the end be like "OH YEAH gently caress THE BEATLES" or w/e

or movies? "this new film was pretty good UNLIKE THAT poo poo STAR WARS RIGHT GUYS" but like the film isn't sci-fi and has 0 to do with star wars in the slightest.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jul 3, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Instant Grat posted:

show me someone who claims nitronic rush is not fun and i will show you a bitch rear end turd loser
im in the alpha :cool: and it's loving amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2fE4tYau0c

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

i'm gonna play nothing but this game until he day i die from being too good at video games

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

like do music critics do that too? do they write about this cool new local band they found and at the end be like "OH YEAH gently caress THE BEATLES" or w/e

or movies? "this new film was pretty good UNLIKE THAT poo poo STAR WARS RIGHT GUYS" but like the film isn't sci-fi and has 0 to do with star wars in the slightest.

gaming 'journalists' are desperate for the same respect critics of other media enjoy so they won't have to lie to hot chicks about their profession so they latch onto anything remotely pretentious to justify their poor life choices

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Titty shots don't bother me at all and I don't consider them sexist but its fun to see men get their panties in a wad over them more than we do

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Widestancer posted:

Titty shots don't bother me at all and I don't consider them sexist but its fun to see men get their panties in a wad over them more than we do

uuh i actually enjoy wads in my panties?? i dont judge you so kindly leave my bathing suit area alone with your scathing rhetoric. thanks

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

tbh I haven't met any women even remotely as feminist as some white male nerds over the internet seem to be so far

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

i actually have a drawer full of wadded panties, so please do some research before you post, tia

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Instant Grat posted:

i'm gonna play nothing but this game until he day i die from being too good at video games

:cool::respek::cool:

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
this game looks neat and it's just a buck right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67HmBbIPRs

edit: "Deep pretentious subtext and social commentary" is right there on the feature list so im sure to love it

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Widestancer posted:

it's really more of a rolling my eyes reaction than anything but yea that's cool. its not like every time i see something i regard as sexist i become extremely emotional sheesh. not all male feminists

what i will get angry about is when mundane everyday sexism is treated as revolutionary filmmaking by dolts like SMG

Space Hamlet fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 3, 2014

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

holy poo poo, it's like someone distilled all the good things about excite truck

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What about that JFK shooting simulator

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ekster posted:

gaming 'journalists' are desperate for the same respect critics of other media enjoy so they won't have to lie to hot chicks about their profession so they latch onto anything remotely pretentious to justify their poor life choices

gaming journalists are at the precious age where they know their profession is poo poo, but they don't have the balls to accept it so they latch onto anything remotely artsy or progressive in a desperate bid to make the poo poo they report on as smart-looking as something like being a music journalist. bosses like them bc their early mid-life crisis makes them good at creating clickbait articles. john walker is a good example of this

then there are cocksuckers like cara ellison and samantha allen who are perpetual blowhard losers that think theyre really misunderstood geniuses and are trying to use fuckin' games reporting as a stepping stone to a more lucrative journalism career where they get to be an intellectual guiding the masses with their wisdom. unfortuantly for them, all of their writing is undergrad freshman-caliber bullshit like this so that aint happening. theyre also good at making clickbait articles

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 3, 2014

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

it'd be nice if they just reviewed games and told us how good or bad they are

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
http://www.objectivegamereviews.com/resogun-review/

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

LaTex Fetish posted:

it'd be nice if they just reviewed games and told us how good or bad they are

no man that's for losers. you see, everyone actually wants to read my high school-caliber analysis of storytelling in video games in a review about the latest indie darling

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i kinda want to start an rps mock thread because GOD drat

but even here it won't be protected from terrible GAMES JOURNALISM discussion

the discussion is happening again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-agDYt--Lw
This game's also pretty fun, it's called Gas Guzzlers Extreme.

• Locked thread