Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

only tags I see are tags that reddit does because it's "funny"

so they're not really helpful

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

LaTex Fetish posted:

only tags I see are tags that reddit does because it's "funny"

so they're not really helpful

this pretty much

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Someone in the steam thread got upset about them so everyone on steam got together and agreed to be kind and not use them.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
diva dev is the best tag but it made ppl cry so now nobody uses tags

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

dont forget

Hashy posted:

See, "Diva Dev" is a really good example of defaming a game individually of its value and merit to consumers.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I am on a quest to tag every anime game on Steam with "Shameful".

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

long live the queen's 'hella yuri' tag is at least somewhat accurate

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Mung Dynasty posted:

diva dev is the best tag but it made ppl cry so now nobody uses tags

This was created for Derek Smart btw, key information on why it was the best.

Soral
May 30, 2009

zen death robot posted:

quote:

Yeah, I think this is the major problem. Everything else is pretty vetted and controlled, with the reviews at the bottom even sorted with the most helpful at the top.

But then the first thing you see on the page is whatever someone tossed enough people at shoving there.

lol those are all really tame & at least kind of accurate tags why would anyone care

you didnt see anybody jumping to the defense of dog of duty when it got tagged with "garbage" and "poo poo game"

Soral
May 30, 2009

gaben going through and deleting every negative tag applied to games is the most bs thing on earth. why can games be tagged "amazing" and "masterpiece" but not "bad" or "poor quality"

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Soral posted:

gaben going through and deleting every negative tag applied to games is the most bs thing on earth. why can games be tagged "amazing" and "masterpiece" but not "bad" or "poor quality"

bc of crybaby devs like derek smart ruining it for everyone

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I just kind of figure "what's the point?" when I could just read reviews or look at the screens to see what a game's about instead.

• Locked thread