Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Crimson Harvest posted:

So how's that Zelda 1 going Video Viddy Games? Did you find any of the sword upgrades? Or the blue ring?

It's going! Got two heart upgrades a bow which won't let me do anything some coins some bombs and a boomerang!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Nice work!

I really love Zelda 1. I used to play it every day before school, I must have got up pretty loving early because I remember being able to play it all the way through.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

lesbian baphomet posted:

link's awakening

pros:
- really good difficulty curve and progression
- the most ownage bosses, inside some of the most ownage dungeons
- pick up rupees and items by touching them with the sword
- has mario, peach, shy guys, and use chain chomp as an allied partner
- some of the most powerful glitches in gaming for insane added replay value

cons:
- the best version is only in black and white

also you can jump, and then jump on goombas

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Don't lie to the man, here's the real timeline.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i am sorry i do not wish to play super brother brawl smash. ive heard that game is worse than dota2

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

there's no way that poo poo is official

and Zelda II is insanely harder than any other Zelda game because sidescrolling action games were always really clunky.

wait actually it's really easy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNla206Qgg0

i think i love zelda games almost as much for how incredibly broken they are as i do for the games themselves

have you guys seen the poo poo OoT speedrunners do these days? i mean goddamn, it's like a completely different game at this point

Dec 26, 2012

morcant posted:

also you can jump, and then jump on goombas

youre even specifically rewarded for jumping on goombas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
God drat Ages and Seasons were so good. I beat them 4 times because I wanted to use the save transfer mechanic in both directions. gently caress, I think I need to find a GBC and those carts and play that poo poo again. Maybe I still even have them? Gameboy carts are really good at just disappearing into your house forever. After 6 moves I just had my old pokemon yellow appear out of nowhere on my desk.

I still don't understand the desire for things to have continuity just because they're a "series". I think it's more fun to interpret "the legend of zelda" as an actual legend. As in, each "epoch" of games is the same story being told but in a different way, as though this legend is being retold over and over and changing every time. I think that's less dumb than "there are literally 100s of tights wearing dudes in green shirts throughout history that save 100s of some blonde princess in a funny hat from 100s of some gangrenous desert guy."

• Locked thread