Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
it's been a whole year, and nothing

rip $20

:20bux: :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chajusong
Oct 18, 2002
i'm retarded

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
Did somebody say Starbound?

nvm no cake
Feb 27, 2011

Grakdesh posted:

Did somebody say Starbound?

aren't they actually doing nightly updates again?

idk i haven't played it since february because i didnt want to get burned out on a game that's not nearly finished

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Grakdesh posted:

Did somebody say every early access game without a strong design direction

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Grats to the Cube World guy, who managed to swindle a bunch of people out of their money like the rest of the early access indie developers.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i stopped playing starbound in december and i loaded it up again last week and it doesnt look like anything is new at all. rip my money

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I'm gonna come out and just say, I was pretty disappointed in Shadowrun Returns. Everybody else seems to have kept their excitement for it after it launched, but I just found it to not be that enjoyable a playing experience.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

surc posted:

I'm gonna come out and just say, I was pretty disappointed in Shadowrun Returns. Everybody else seems to have kept their excitement for it after it launched, but I just found it to not be that enjoyable a playing experience.

I preordered and I have about 20 playthroughs of the genesis game under my belt

i have 74 minutes in shadowrun returns

Dec 26, 2012

surc posted:

the original campaign is rpetty barebones and not great

the dlc one is good though

some people kept excitement up because they were expecting community material to save it but, well,

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

lol if you spend money on a game that doesn't at the very least have a good beta

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

chajusong posted:

i'm retarded

+1.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Soral posted:

i stopped playing starbound in december and i loaded it up again last week and it doesnt look like anything is new at all. rip my money

theyy haven't released a normal patch in like 6 months, do this nex ttime you play: right click starbound on steam > properties > betas > nightly/unstable

surc
Aug 17, 2004

01011001 posted:

some people kept excitement up because they were expecting community material to save it but, well,

Oh I have access to the dlc one from the Kickstarter, but I got so put off by the first one that I never even installed it. I don't think community material would even be able to save it for me, I really dislike pretty much every element of the engine and the gameplay, including their lovely delivery of the story through horribly designed UI and dialog things.

Hog Butcher posted:

I preordered and I have about 20 playthroughs of the genesis game under my belt

i have 74 minutes in shadowrun returns

I have 9 hours logged, but I'm pretty sure most of that was just me idling for cards, because I definitely did not play more than 2 hours of this game before giving up on it. I also love both the SNES and genesis version. :sigh:

I'm still hoping my kickstarter for Project Eternity will pan out better, from the email updates it seems to be shaping up into something I will actually enjoy playing, but WHO KNOWS?

Dec 26, 2012

surc posted:

Oh I have access to the dlc one from the Kickstarter, but I got so put off by the first one that I never even installed it. I don't think community material would even be able to save it for me, I really dislike pretty much every element of the engine and the gameplay, including their lovely delivery of the story through horribly designed UI and dialog things.

yeah in that case you are not ever going to like this game and thats ok

its good for what it is though anyone expecting a game like the snes/genesis ones has to be horribly disappointed because its wildly not that

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Soral posted:

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

surc posted:

The atmosphere/writing didn't disappoint, but yeah the gameplay was pretty drat stale which was especially bad when paired with how linear the original campaign was.

I actually went and bought the dlc too which was way better but by that time I had lost interest and only played the dlc for 1 hour.

I take it the community never created anything good?

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!

Soral posted:

good news is they're working on it again SUPPOSEDLY

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Super Rad posted:

The atmosphere/writing didn't disappoint, but yeah the gameplay was pretty drat stale which was especially bad when paired with how linear the original campaign was.

I actually went and bought the dlc too which was way better but by that time I had lost interest and only played the dlc for 1 hour.

I take it the community never created anything good?

Didn't the community try to boycott steam workshop because they couldn't put sex and boobs in their mods?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

01011001 posted:

a lot of the custom campaigns tend to be pretty bad re: level design

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
what was cube world and what was its drama

and why was it worth a twenty in beta i mean really

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Rita Repulsa posted:

what was cube world and what was its drama

and why was it worth a twenty in beta i mean really

The same old story with early access: Developer gets lots of money, magically loses interest in continuing development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

a lot of the custom campaigns tend to be pretty bad re: level design

i played like 2 of them, one of which was admittedly unfinished and the other of which was supposedly the "best"

the first was unmitigated garbage on every level, the second had ok with a few moments of good writing but there was like no meaningful gameplay, like the few segments he had were almost apologetic in how tacked-on they felt

• Locked thread