Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I need a new A/V cable for a media player. It's currently hooked up through the HDMI, but the A/V cable is necessary to set it up with certain TVs, so if I moved it to a new TV I'd need to have a working A/V cable.

Only problem is this particular media player wants a longer plug than usual.

The 'ground' on the faulty cable I have is lengthened for whatever reason, and as far as I can tell it's necessary for it to be that long for it to fit inside the media player. Does anyone know where to find a cable like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
ediT: realized what op meant. OP, contact the manufacturer and get a cord from them.

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 4, 2014

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Don Lapre posted:

Just get longer rca cables. Extend the other end.

Uh, how?

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

RCA Female-to-Female coupler/adapter + RCA to RCA cables.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

GokieKS posted:

RCA Female-to-Female coupler/adapter + RCA to RCA cables.

How does this solve my problem of the 3.5mm plug not being long enough?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Dexters Secret posted:

I need a new A/V cable for a media player. It's currently hooked up through the HDMI, but the A/V cable is necessary to set it up with certain TVs, so if I moved it to a new TV I'd need to have a working A/V cable.

Only problem is this particular media player wants a longer plug than usual.

The 'ground' on the faulty cable I have is lengthened for whatever reason, and as far as I can tell it's necessary for it to be that long for it to fit inside the media player. Does anyone know where to find a cable like this?

That looks like a TRRS/4 Conductor cable. A lot of times they are listed as iphone audio cable as well.
I've used this site for a couple I had to order once:
http://mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=156

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

CitizenKain posted:

That looks like a TRRS/4 Conductor cable. A lot of times they are listed as iphone audio cable as well.
I've used this site for a couple I had to order once:
http://mycablemart.com/store/cart.php?m=product_list&c=156

I'm not sure if this is right, this I looked at those and while the plugs are longer, it's not longer in the 'ground' area.

I'll have to take a picture or something.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

Dexters Secret posted:

How does this solve my problem of the 3.5mm plug not being long enough?

The cable you have is TRRS to RCAx3, correct? And you need a longer one, correct? If you buy 3 female-to-female adapters and another RCAx3-to-RCAx3 cable and connect that to the one you already have, voila, you now have a longer TRRS to RCAx3 cable.

E: If you need a completely new cable, search for TRRS to RCA and you can find either cables (like this one) or adapters (like this) and attach a RCA-to-RCA cable of your preferred length to it.

GokieKS fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 4, 2014

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Dexters Secret posted:

I'm not sure if this is right, this I looked at those and while the plugs are longer, it's not longer in the 'ground' area.

I'll have to take a picture or something.

If you're desperate you could always shave some of the plastic off.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

GokieKS posted:

The cable you have is TRRS to RCAx3, correct? And you need a longer one, correct? If you buy 3 female-to-female adapters and another RCAx3-to-RCAx3 cable and connect that to the one you already have, voila, you now have a longer TRRS to RCAx3 cable.

E: If you need a completely new cable, search for TRRS to RCA and you can find either cables (like this one) or adapters (like this) and attach a RCA-to-RCA cable of your preferred length to it.

I think you're misunderstanding. The cable I have is faulty, I need a new one that has a long plug like this one has. The cable length itself is not a factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

Dexters Secret posted:

I think you're misunderstanding. The cable I have is faulty, I need a new one that has a long plug like this one has. The cable length itself is not a factor.

Then follow the second part of my post and search for TRRS to RCA cables/adapters.

• Locked thread