Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

LordHippoman posted:

Or you can cheat like crazy and just google away. Some people make nice charts.

well yeah i assumed that was a given

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Yes, and my point is that you can make any game more difficult if you purposefully don't use things that make it easier.

I'm not saying I think the Souls games are easy, I haven't played them enough to say that. I'm just saying that "if it's easy for you then you aren't intentionally gimping yourself properly" is a stupid argument.

not as stupid an argument as "i played doom on don't hurt me because i want to use all the tools available to me but it was too easy. c+ at best"

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Space Hamlet posted:

not as stupid an argument as "i played doom on don't hurt me because i want to use all the tools available to me but it was too easy. c+ at best"

Except for the fact that setting the difficulty is different from introducing your own, you're also using the same tools in any difficulty, aside from them doing different amounts of damage. A more fitting example is insisting that the only "real" way to play I Wanna Be The Boshy or something is without using save points.

I mean, I don't give a poo poo. Play whatever game however you want. If you want a greater challenge, don't use certain thing that makes it easier. Just don't act as if anybody that does stuff differently is doing it wrong unless they're using hacks or something.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

mhfu was real cool but how could it ever be a touch screen game and work

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

big duck equals goose posted:

never played monster hunter games because they looked like pso games except with even worse mmo style quests

Phantasy Star Online is Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

RME posted:

mhfu was real cool but how could it ever be a touch screen game and work

its actually not too bad so far on that front

• Locked thread