Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelgadis
Sep 5, 2004

Doesn't that just beat all
so, this thread. i guess the premise is, previously the OP thought all old games were bad, but he found one that was actually pretty good- that stood the 'test of time'. so he invites posters to find other games.

so is everyone posting the greatest games of all time(yoshi's island, doom), or just any games that are good? Chameleon twist is an okay game that is not well known, but it doesn't really own that much.

yeah plus there's the time thing, i mean 5 years is pretty old considering the whole history of video games. I guess since i assume most of you guys are 15 years old anything over 6 years is going to seem pretty old since your brains werent fully developed yet.

also if you never played metroid you should still play the original. the remake is like the novelization of an epic poem. sure the new one is sleeker, and gets its point across better. but sometimes you need to get your face slammed with incomprehensible verse across 12 cantos in order to have communion with the infinite.

also contra 3 owns....????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Video Viddy Games posted:

i am a dude who has never played any zelda games before and will begin them later today so i will be able to tell if they are good or it is nostalgia and then add to this thread accordingly!

tell me about your experience with wizzrobes (they are wizards in robes) because i replayed it recently and nostalgia couldn't even cope

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
i enjoyed the newer metroid games just fine despite not really playing much of the original metroid at all :shrug:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I played super metroid about 2 years ago and it genuinely still owns.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Ekster posted:

I played super metroid about 2 years ago and it genuinely still owns.

I just played it a few months ago and I agree.

I used to play Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG once a year. I'm long overdue for Chrono Trigger but I think I played the other last year.

I'd love to be able to go through Jak 2 and 3 again.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

xcom. i didn't see anybody say xcom yet but maybe that was just because everybody already knows xcom is really good.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Ratchet and Clank series is still fantastic. Picked up the first three games on PSN for $10 or some poo poo awhile back, money very well spent.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Realms of arkania but after that I think they've all been listed

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Ms. Pac-Man is good.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Frank Horrigan posted:

Ratchet and Clank series is still fantastic. Picked up the first three games on PSN for $10 or some poo poo awhile back, money very well spent.

good choice. series goes downhill from there but deadlocked and the future series are still v fun

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Yeah, I grabbed Tools of Destruction from someone in sa mart awhile back, some of the most fun I've had with goofy platforming games.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Has someone listed all of the Final Fantasy games yet?

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

ranger-x

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Missile Command

the frog pond game on atari

there was a maze two player race game on atari where you are very tiny dots in a huge maze like the type you find in magazines and you also had to dodge enemies. i remember playing it until 6 am in the next day with a friend when i was babby

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Greetings. ~the nameless one
here are some rpgs that came out in the 90's, that are good:
    *darklands
    *realms of arkania
    *buck rogers: countdown to doomsday(the d&d gold box games are not good)
    *planescape: torment
    *fallout 1/2
    *ultima 7
    *star control 2
    *might & magic world/sword of xeen
i've played all of these within the last 5 years, so it is NOT nostalgia!!! thanks for reading :wave:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

kirby(s)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Crystalis
Guardian Legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

If you've never played Kirby's Dream Course (Kirby bowl if you're not a baka gaijin) multiplayer then you've never lived.

• Locked thread