Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

My USB mouse and keyboard will randomly disconnect/reconnect in tandem. I have to wait until "Your device is installed and ready to use!" pops up before they work again -- whole thing takes about 15 seconds. This nonsense happens every 5-25 minutes making it basically impossible for me to do anything because it will spam the last key or input I did and fill up textfields etc..

Any ideas what could cause something like this?
The drivers are both up-to-date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Are both devices connected via USB cables, or wirelessly. If wireless, are they on the same adapter?

First thing to do would be to try different USB ports, and if the problem persists, try a different mouse/keyboard combo. Alternately, download the latest chipset drivers from the mobo manufacturer. Grab updated USB drivers as well if available.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Please reformat your post using the template in the sticky Rules thread. Knowing what hardware you're using is kind of important here.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

If you have another USB device intermittently connecting or disconnecting, your others may stop and wait for it to figure out what it's doing. How old are these input devices and who made them?

• Locked thread