Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So Netotokyo is a pretty kicking rad tactical cyberpunk team fps from like 2006 that now has steam support. it was really ahead of it's time back in the day and holds up astonishingly well

it's basically ghost in the shell + insurgency and its free and pretty rad, imo. is anyone else playing this rad game?

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

Fandyien posted:

So Netotokyo is a pretty kicking rad tactical cyberpunk team fps from like 2006 that now has steam support. it was really ahead of it's time back in the day and holds up astonishingly well

[itmg]http://i.imgur.com/4mjyK2O.jpg[/timg]

it's basically ghost in the shell + insurgency and its free and pretty rad, imo. is anyone else playing this rad game?

someone tell me what this is a pic of b/c i dont want to copy and paste it

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Fandyien posted:

[itmg]http://i.imgur.com/4mjyK2O.jpg[/timg]

Fail.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i messed it up because i was distracted by a rousing game of neotokyo

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Soral posted:

someone tell me what this is a pic of b/c i dont want to copy and paste it

imagine if someone showed you a picture of a street and then put a broken piece of lumpy crap in the middle of that street.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i have seen the future of tokyo, and it has a big mechanical tick

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

it also has an incredible soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5byxSgCDDo

i dunno thats an underwhelming screenshot but i suggest you guys try this poo poo on account its very free and encourages team play

here is a second gay youtube videoplay of gameplays:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm0sjjGqGfg

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 6, 2014

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i'm gonna play this game

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
there are three servers and all of them are full

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
now there are two servers, someone make a server

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there's some sort of thing with the servers if you use the global server selection filtered to neotokyo in your steam window, it'll bring up more. i've been playing on one with seattle in the name i dont remember the full name, though

there are a reasonable number of full servers if you use that method

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlEz-9HE7p0

here's a mediocre tutorial with some basic information but the guy who made it might be retarded or something

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

I thought of the lovely weeb webcomic but then I realized that was megatokyo and I felt ashamed for even knowing that

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Reset Button posted:

I thought of the lovely weeb webcomic but then I realized that was megatokyo and I felt ashamed for even knowing that

i did it too

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

fronz posted:

i did it too

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i know nothing about megatokyo

and i have no interest

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

i am only interested if you can use super akira powers to make people into giant bulgnig tumors

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Reset Button posted:

me too and woah I feel old now, first megatokyo comic is from 2000

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
lmfao that face

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

also lol at not improving his drawing skills in 14 years

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
i remember neotokyo, it was pretty cool

probs gonna get back into it

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Is that a dead tachikoma? please trigger warning such horrible images.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

is this game still dead/full of hackers and of the people who still play it do they play anything other than the heaviest class with the cyberpunk awp lookalike

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

DLTN posted:

is this game still dead/full of hackers and of the people who still play it do they play anything other than the heaviest class with the cyberpunk awp lookalike

there seem to be lots of servers and i haven't seen any hackers, and typically i'm the only person playing the slow support class. everyone else seems to play the other two. also ive never seen anyone use the awp thing because it's fuckin near impossible to get high enough rank in any match to use it and besides the heavy guys cant anyway

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
Gonna play this gam.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There are tachicomas how is this legal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
installed it, tried to get into a game and kept getting this "cannot match map engine" error or something

yeah nevermind

• Locked thread