Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Lilf
Aug 12, 2007

by exmarx
The last time I remember speaking to my father I was around ten and telling him about all the cool Terminator 2 I got asking if he was shooting bad guys. My parents were divorced by that and my grandmother had raised me since I was three months old. We'd keep tabs with him and he's send gifts and pay send money to my grandmother to help with all that was necessary for my up bringing. My mother was hardly part of the equation. I won't go into too specific details, mostly because I was too young to remember correctly but eventually we lost contact with him. The last I heard he had developed a problem with alcoholism and he had been discharged from the army. All I have to go on is his first and last name as well as middle initial. I'm not sure where else to begin.

Deep down I worry about finding him. My deceased grandmother had a daughter she had given up for adoption who somehow found us and had turned out to be a complete right-wing nutjob. She's family but I feel uncomfortable speaking with.

Even still I can't deny I've wanted track him down. Any help on how would be appreciated.

To make matters worse me and mother had grown apart after my grandmother passed away. We were never that close anyways so I don't she would be able to give me much info.

Still have somewhere to begin is better than none.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010
Given the information that your father was in the Army, and that you know his name, why don't you start there? Unless the name is very common, like "Bob Smith," or something, there will probably come up with a small list of names, which you could probably further narrow down by using his relative birth date.

And I understand that it may be awkward and hard to do so, but trying to gain information from your mother is still worth a shot. Any sort of information would help, no matter how infinitesimal, due to the fact that there is little information to begin with.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
I will help, pm your paypal.

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
Many US counties are putting their records up on the web now days. Were your parents married? You may be able to find their marriage certificate online, and that may have his parents name on it. If not, your birth certificate may have information for him like full name and DOB.

Just googling his name may bring up something, especially if you know his age, since you will be able to rule out google results that are for younger and older people. There are sites you can pay for more information if you have a likely hit, although you may be able to get things like phone number and address with a white pages search.

You can also search for his name in the social security death index. If he is deceased he should be in there.

• Locked thread