Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Problem description: I'll try to make this as short as I can. A few months ago my dc input on my laptop started getting loose. I replaced the DC board with a new one to fix this. A week or so after, I started having real bad issues with DPC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Procedure_Call) latency. In addition to the DPC latency, I would have issues where the display would turn it self off (I could turn it back on with the FN keys), and the input (keyboard and touchpad) would become completely unresponsive (only fix is restarting/sleep mode). The latter 2 issues would happen in conjunction with the DPC latency. I thought I solved this issue by replacing what I assumed had to be a faulty power adapter (none of the issues mentioned above would occur on battery power). After replacing the adapter, I experienced no issues for maybe a month, but now they have started resurfacing again. Oddly enough, tilting and moving my laptop seems to make a difference.

LatencyMon reports that the i8042prt.sys driver has the highest total execution time

Attempted fixes: What have you tried to do to resolve the problem?
I have attempted replacing the power adapter, disabling anything non essential in the driver manager, updating network card drivers, removing the battery, updating other drivers, uninstalling certain drivers entirely, and pretty much everything I could find on google.

Recent changes: The last significant change was replacing the faulty DC board.

So, I'm thinking it's some sort of electrical issue inside the laptop? Something loose or poorly connected, maybe? Any ideas?
--

Operating system: Windows 7 64bit

System specs: Asus N53SV

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread