Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
My first wrestling memory is unknowing getting a Hulk NWO plaque at my Catholic Elementary School Last Day of School picnic and not knowing who it was just that it looked cool. Then I remember watching a Raw where Scotty 2 Hotty wrestled the Hurricane, but I got into wrestling for good was the 2006 Smackdown after NWO where Undertaker had a rematch against Kurt Angle that was interrupted by Mark Henry. Of course by then everyone I knew had grown out of wrestling so I was all alone in the fandom for a couple of years :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I cried when Hogan turned heel at Bash at the Beach because I was a little marky mark jimmy

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!
I remember coming home from bowling on Saturdays with my friend and him watching Stampede and WWE. He was big into wrestling and I didn't care much, but I started to get into it in a few weeks after starting to pay attention. Ironically, my friend stopped watching about a year or two later and I kept up the hobby into my adulthood.

I vividly remember my first exposure to WCW/MWA though. TBS was a pay channel, and one weekend, it was free, so I tuned in WCW Saturday (on the muthaship!) to see the Road Warriors attack Dusty Rhodes. Animal screwed off the spike on his shoulder pads and dug it into Dusty Rhodes eye socket, blood and all! I'd never seen anything like that before on TV!

Can't find the footage but there's the Warriors talking about it on the Muthaship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfQWVV4GMz8

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
The year was 1998. The kids at my bus stop where always talking about some Stone Cold guy and what he was up to. Other kids where having the turn their Austin 3:16 inside out at school. Finally, one Monday, the buzz was that this Stone Cold guy got fired the night before for whatever reason. So, I decided to check this thing out to see what it was all about. I feel like I picked a good one to start out with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLcCyvpRe8c

You had me at "IT WAS BETTER THAN SEX," Vince.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
I remember my dad was flipping through the channels and started watching a bit of WCW Monday Night Nitro and I asked him "why are you watching this if it's fake".

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Booker T versus..... someone. On Monday Nitro sometime in August of 1999. I remember seeing Booker and instantly thinking he was cool and becoming a fan.

So of course a few months later he was feuding with a fat dude over the letter "T."

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
My very first exposure was ten years ago, with the main event of the 17th January 2004 episode of WWE Velocity, in which the two colossi A-Train and Bradshaw faced off in a deadly five minute long match. I marked out so hard for the Clothesline from Hell.

Didn't get into the product at the time (Velocity was probably the only show airing in Portugal), but ended up randomly channelsurfing and watching Smackdown a few months later, the 18th of November episode, where Carlito and Jesus were revealed to have stabbed John Cena in a nightclub :allears:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40hmzeYajrs

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

i was vaguely aware of hulk hogan as a kid, played wcw/nwo revenge with my friends (my favorite was Raven), but was never allowed to actually watch wrestling and by the time i was old enough to not listen to my parents, i had no interest in the "fake bullshit."

i think the first wrestling show i ever saw was the Edge/Lita live sex spectacular or whatever but when i first started watching regularly was the 2008 Christmas show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZcOUWgoPj8
Santa Dust hooked me as a hardcore wrestling fan for the past five years. wrestling owns

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
The earliest memory I have is Warrior getting locked in the coffin. I was around 6 or 7 at the time, but I'm pretty sure I was watching wrestling for a little while before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The first wrasslin memory was the first time I ever saw it: Wrestlemania 9 while living in Yokota AFB. Was just flipping channels and I guess a replay was playing. I was so confused but I wanted to see more.

• Locked thread