Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Torrannor posted:

This is true, we did murder countless Jews and win three world cups.

Now shut up about it. You should better compare this fine match with today's Argentina-Holland match.

Sorry fritz but you don't give ze orders anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

tbp posted:

If East Germany had won the World Cup, would they get to claim that as well?

As a successor state to the Holy Roman Empire, which included players from what is now known as Italy, aren't they at seven World Cups?

None of this adds up to me. It is shady, and illegal in my mind. 0 World Cups, though they have a chance on Sunday.

Yeah, this. 'East Germany', and thus a unified Germany, has no claim to a world cup won by just 'West Germany'. It's unfortunate, but that is the way, the cookie crumbles.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Tear down this thread, mods

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

tbp posted:

I am still disputing the three World Cups.

By the same logic, Germany did not kill any Jews. A-ha.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Phlegmish posted:

it's the Austrian fellow

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Machinegunboyo posted:

Yeah, this. 'East Germany', and thus a unified Germany, has no claim to a world cup won by just 'West Germany'. It's unfortunate, but that is the way, the cookie crumbles.

Similarly, does loving like, Kazakhstan or w/e have a claim to the European Championship won by the USSR? I don't think so.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Phlegmish posted:

That's a shame, because well I actually think Hit

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

This thread was cool + good yesterday but now yall are ruining it. Can someone close this thread to preserve it in all its greatness before it gets even worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Here it is.

My time to shine.

World Cup Mod Powers ACTIVATE

RIP Thread for most hilarious game of football ever.

RIP

• Locked thread