Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
skyward sword was a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Abandon posted:

skyward sword was a piece of poo poo

This is the TP hate thread, please make your own SS hate thread so I can disagree with you there.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
in skyward sword, an alarm goes off to tell you that your low health alarm is going off

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
in skyward sword the entire game is a tutorial and the second quest where there are no heart drops is where it finally becomes a game (even though you still get the evil soul destroying unskippable loving text from the blue computer thing telling you things you've already just been told or that a baby could figure out)

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i had blocked skyward sword out of my memory and it made me irl angry to remember how hosed up it was,. like clearly they had a sensible game there but then some boss or w/e parted their buttocks and crapped all over it because they thought they needed to make it accessible to an absurd user persona who wants to spend hours and hours playing a game whilst being completely mentally unequipped to do even basic problem solving

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
that. Fucken. Seriousbaby

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

You sound very mad, Something Awful forums poster Abandon. Please let me direct you to the thread where you can poo poo on something on topic.

Sorry, I have returned from checking the fora and there's no thread for that! Why don't you make one? You seem very passionate about the issue and it's rather off-topic in this thread about making GBS threads on a game that isn't the game that you dislike.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
no i've managed to sew my video game anger bowels shut again
twilight princess was fairly good

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Abandon posted:

no i've managed to sew my video game anger bowels shut again
twilight princess was fairly good

thanks, i was worried that things were taking a turn for the unchill.

Postive TP thing: I didn't like the implementation of them since it was standard "move slow with no mechanical advantages" fare but the whole magnetized iron boots ceiling sections were really creative and definitely got my sense of adventure going.

Also, the subboss to the desert prison was incredibly cool. The real boss was also really good, but it lost in the design department because of its dumb mullet. Swordghost all day, every day.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Skyward Sword was awesome

There are stages of acceptance with Zelda games nowadays it seems

ZELDA A SUCKS -> lol that game was p bad -> I kinda liked these few parts -> *zelda b is released* -> GOD DAMNIT NINTENDO WHY COULDNT YOU MAKE THIS GAME LIKE GLORIOUS ZELDA A

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Skyward sword was fine but the stupid sword controls got in the way too many times.

still not as bad as how the wii messed up Metroid other M though.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
should i give twilight princess another shot

i've never gotten further than having iron boots

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Hog Butcher posted:

I played through it 100% and would not call it a bad game.

I even did the fishing lure stuff and all the ball mazes.

Dec 26, 2012

Hog Butcher posted:

its mediocre, not terrible. you might get something out of it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Twilight princess sucked until i played Skyward Sword which made me think "drat i miss twilight princess"

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i thought all of wind waker's mechanics except the forced 5k rupee thing to be really good but it took me a strange amount of time to think "drat, this is actually one of the best zeldas"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hog Butcher posted:

i thought all of wind waker's mechanics except the forced 5k rupee thing to be really good but it took me a strange amount of time to think "drat, this is actually one of the best zeldas"
Wind Waker had deeper and more involved combat than Twilight Princess, so basically I think Wii controls are ruining Zeldas.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
the combat in tp was very boring, all you have to do to appreciate that is compare the combat trial dungeons in tp and wind waker
the fight against ganondorf at the end was ok though

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

whoa fellas

Dec 26, 2012

if any of you skipped that thats understandable but the last 3 posts in that chain are a pro read

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Not only the unskippable tutorial, the whole first two hours were boring as hell and thats why I never progressed outside those two hours.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
never played TP but it seems to work fine in Dolphin. how much am I gonna like it if I really enjoyed majora's mask?

Dec 26, 2012

they really arent comparable. if you liked ocarina of time you might like twilight princess because minus the wolf poo poo it really doesnt make a huge effort to define itself as different

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Playing as a doggy was cool don't listen to these jokers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amebx
Aug 6, 2007

i'm a shark!!! i'm a SHAAAARK!! suck my diick!! I'M A SHAAARK!!

Ekster posted:

I never had a N64 so all the 'best' zeldas feel really antiquated to me, I couldn't get into wind waker for reasons I forgot and I don't own any handhelds so yeah twilight princess is my favorite

You never had a childhood.

• Locked thread