Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Problem description: My mouse input has been cutting out intermittently as of late. It will either be for a split second, or it will completely cut out for up to 5 seconds (this one is the more common one), as if it were re-installing the drivers (the connect/disconnect sound goes off when this happens). Originally this started while playing TF2, but it has since been happening randomly and during anything I do (web browsing, playing other games, etc.).

Attempted fixes: I have changed USB slots multiple times, updated USB and mobo chipset drivers, and cleaned the USB ports as well.

Recent changes: None

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, 64-bit

System specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4
Mobo: MSI 870A-G54
Memory: 2 sets of G-Skill memory sticks for a total of 12GB (a set of 4, and a set of 8)
GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon 6950
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX500 500w
Mouse: Logitech GS-400 Wired Mouse

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Either something else is making the USB controller hiccup, or you have a loose cable somewhere in your mouse itself. The first one will show up in the event viewer, the second one will stop showing up if you use a new mouse.

• Locked thread