Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

it was a gamecube game i rented a long time ago. it was extremely blocky and gray and looked like garbage. I think it was a rpg of some kind but not a traditional one i just remember managing a lot of bars and stats and inventories. there was a hunger mechanic of some kind but it might not have been "hunger" exactly. there were a lot of metal grates for floors and walls and the game controlled like poo poo. the plot involved angels in some way i think you had to kill them but you might have been helping them kill something else idk. im pretty sure there was weapon degradation and you had to keep picking up lovely swords. also the game started you in a maze like hallway of some kind and you had to cross a bridge to get to some lovely tower? im pretty sure there were like. a ton of towers you had to find or something. does anybody know what this mystery game is??? or was it a halucination i had?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Bioshock

Soral
May 30, 2009

thanks, thats it, closing the thread

e: cautiously opening this thread again for anyone who needs help remembering a game they rented once for the nintendo gamecube

Soral fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jul 12, 2014

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i would say baroque but that never came out for gamecube

sounds like some poo poo obscure jrpg op

Soral
May 30, 2009

yes it was baroque. that is the game i was thinking of. i must have rented it for wii and just thought it was a gamecube game because it looks so lovely

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
wow two people brining up baroque in one day

it looks like poo poo but IMO it's very fun

Soral
May 30, 2009

ok i will trust you that it was fun. i think i put it down after an hour because it seemed like garbage and then i returned it when the rental was up

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Cubivore?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Pikmin?

Haha my iPhone autocorrected that as Pokemon

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I don't have it on wii so it's entirely possible the controls suck there. I generally assume if something isn't motion controlled the Wiimote sucks anyway

Dec 26, 2012

the interrupt/special attack is controlled by waggle if you dont classic controller it up so yeah

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Baroque had a wii port as well? That game collected dust for the longest time at my local gamestop's shelves.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I'm surprised so many people know about it, at least the name

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sounds like Tales of Symphonia, op.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
if its not baroque don't fix it

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Mung Dynasty posted:

:smugmrgw:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my little sisters friend bought baroque because she said it looked cool and she gave me it because "she kept dying" lmao

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Evolution Worlds was a def uggo game for the Gamecube. They couldn't fit both dreamcast Evolution games on the disc so Evolution 1 got cut down to a few cutscenes but 2 was untouched and I think 2 had more speaking parts than the dreamcast original.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Mung Dynasty posted:

baroque means misshapen pearl so it sounds like it could use some fixing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Oil Can Boyd posted:

my little sisters friend bought baroque because she said it looked cool and she gave me it because "she kept dying" lmao

dying is how you advance the plot tho

• Locked thread