Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
Problem description: Yesterday I bought a new laptop running Win 8. However, when running windows update, after downloading 190+ updates and restarting, the following message came up:

quote:

Failure configuring Windows features
Reverting changes
Do not turn off your computer
This system has been stuck on that screen for hours now.
EDIT: Twice now I've seen the computer reset itself, start to configure the updates and then return to that same god-damned screen.

Attempted fixes: I tried resetting the computer, but it just leads back to that screen. I googled some solutions, but they all require me to actually reach the start screen, which I can't since it always hangs up on that error screen.

Recent changes: Before I started the update, I uninstalled Norton Internet security and norton backup, which was installed by default. I also set up firefox with adblock. That's basically it.

--

Operating system: Windows 8 (Not sure if it's actually win 8.1, but I don't think so, since it lacked a certain feature that 8.1 is supposed to have, which prompted me to update).

System specs: Packard Bell EasyNote TE69-KB-45006G50
AMD Quad-Core Processor A4-5000
6 GB DDR3 Memory
500 GB HDD

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

EDIT: Problem resolved, probably. All I had to do was wait over 12 loving hours before the computer finally finished doing whatever it had to do. I'm currently redownloading updates after following instructions from this video.

Zoinker fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread