Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death of Prime
Nov 3, 2005

Dead...for now
I have an intel i3 & Gygabyte motherboard home built system. I ran it for years with a older Westinghouse LCD TV via the HDMI. I recently about a Westinghouse LED TV and plugged it in the the comp with no issues. The first time I rebooted the BIOS and 'Windows Starting' screen would appear, but when it went to the login screen everything went blank. I can tell the comp is still logging in because I can hear it running.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro in USA

I've tried re-installing a few drives with no luck. Last night I did a full re-install of Windows with the same problem. I'm not sure where to go from here...

Death of Prime fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Format the post using the template.

What kind of video card are you using and have you tried different HDMI ports.

The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan
Sounds like a resolution problem, try changing the resolution of you desktop to the lowest possible and connect to the hdtv. You might have to restart the tv with the hdmi cable plugged in.

Ideally you would have both the tv and a pc monitor plugged in while testing.

• Locked thread