Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

In one of the earlier plays the wizards gave him a lightning sword which then transformed into a crown. I assumed the transformation was metaphorical, but apparently not.
I think the blueness was a result of his experiments in wizard-juicing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierStudios
Feb 26, 2011

I am physics and so can you!

The Lone Badger posted:

Then that proves that wizards are made, at least in part, of silver.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, what a way to go. Hoist by your own crownsword.

ATM Machine
Aug 20, 2007

I paid $5 for this

The Lone Badger posted:

In one of the earlier plays the wizards gave him a lightning sword which then transformed into a crown. I assumed the transformation was metaphorical, but apparently not.

Or this (also probably still metaphorical), unless that's what wizard juicing is now days.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

You'd think so, but wizards are tricky creatures. I wouldn't be surprised if the blueness was a wizard plot to obfuscate their true nature.

Never trust a wizard.

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

It's just foundation. His cape-swirling trick was another part of his resolution to become a proper-looking dracula.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
He is trying really, really hard to be a Dracula fight, to be fair.

And, yeah, I think the game just sort of blurs his transformation over time; clearly becoming LITERALLY DRACULA has done his fair tan no wonders, but the cards and portraits suggest shades of what he's becoming over time as he basically just becomes a big ol' tyrannical rear end in a top hat.

Sessile
Feb 27, 2008

Kinda confused about how the king died there. Did his crown sword short out and... suck him into it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That seems to be the case.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Mad Dean posted:

Kinda confused about how the king died there. Did his crown sword short out and... suck him into it?

Which we then proceeded to toss off a balcony into the streets below. How very responsible.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Mad Dean posted:

Magnets happened.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mad Dean posted:

Probably got damaged by all the magnetlasers we were shooting at him.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I fought this guy for like a half hour and I never noticed his crown was also his sword. Weird.

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.
BLIND RUN UPDATE

It's time to take on the giant tree as well as its master. This is where I realize that this game is actually pretty hard.

Part 4 - Giant Tree, Big Bird

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

...and then he eats the body, but they always cut out the spoon scene.
Hey! we're at the end here, folks!

Teslagrad, #10 - The Collector

That's it! Thanks for reading. If you're interested in the sequel, here's the article I was talking about, with google translate.

Here's some neat art and stuff that I wanted to share in particular:

Fake SNES Cover

The initial idea for the king fight was a multi-layered death-pit of pure hell. This looks awesome to me.

This is one of the devs taking a picture of a horrible bug they had to fix that made the factory somewhat unplayable.

The real TeslaCat

Okay, instead of posting a million of these I've just gathered all the artwork I have handy and put it in one place for your perusal. It has unused animations, concepts art, promos, etc.

Various Concept & Promo Artworks, etc.

Smite fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 26, 2014

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Was expecting the cat as secret final boss / mastermind behind the king.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012
That "mom" ending seems a lot more complete than the crown toss, thanks for the LP!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
That's such a simple and quick way of turning your mom into a badass, I love it.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Her having all the same equipment as you have by the end of the game does certainly explain why she is still alive and not captured by the King's men, though it fails to explain why she sent you away in the first place.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

This game seems pretty cool, I'm looking forward to the sequel. Thanks for the LP, Smite.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

That was a great game to watch. Thanks so much for playing through it :)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Did I miss what happened to Oleg after he pulled you out of the rubble?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Neruz posted:

Her having all the same equipment as you have by the end of the game does certainly explain why she is still alive and not captured by the King's men, though it fails to explain why she sent you away in the first place.

"I got this, I'll hold the fort here. You go over to the tower, grab a set of electro-wizard gear, grab that staff hidden on the top, then go kill the king."

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
This LP was a joy to watch.

:radcat:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the LP.

If it counts for anything, I noticed that fence in Psych's playthrough.

Anyway, I wonder what the text on the cat statue in the gold room says. "Cat" ?

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Did I miss what happened to Oleg after he pulled you out of the rubble?

He opened up the way out of the prison cells for us and wandered off.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Anyway, I wonder what the text on the cat statue in the gold room says. "Cat" ?

Stuff like that looks decorative rather than lettering. But if it is letters, it's too small or ruined to make out -- that happened a few times.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

"I got this, I'll hold the fort here. You go over to the tower, grab a set of electro-wizard gear, grab that staff hidden on the top, then go kill the king."

"Well, I could just snipe the king from a grassy knoll with my electro-stick, but fulfilling a 40 year old prophecy involving the death of my order and my husband then sending my child into a dangerous death trap works too."

Thus is the thinking of electro wizards.

There is no point A to B. Only a convoluted circuit board of thoughts.

Electro Wizards. poo poo architects. Bizarre career planning. Tasty blue juices.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I reckon the secret tunnel is just a "look, you already did this once, you earned your way past, just don't worry about it" for people on NG+.

Neruz posted:

Maybe she had to hide all her poo poo somewhere so no one would suspect, and then she had to go on her own journey to get it back.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Great LP, Smite!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Donkringel posted:

"Well, I could just snipe the king from a grassy knoll with my electro-stick, but fulfilling a 40 year old prophecy involving the death of my order and my husband then sending my child into a dangerous death trap works too."

Thus is the thinking of electro wizards.

There is no point A to B. Only a convoluted circuit board of thoughts.

Electro Wizards. poo poo architects. Bizarre career planning. Tasty blue juices.
I thought his dad wrote the scrolls when he went off to kill the king. And realised he wasn't gonna win, but his kid was.

I'd have to re-watch the lore video though.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I thought there was another 36-scroll something, near the 18-scroll teleporter. Or was that just a hint for the end of the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

One of the devs said the reason they added NG+ was speedrunning, which makes sense as it allows you to skip 2 of the bosses outright and the entire tutorial area. I've watched a few different speedruns by Misterjack112, he's doing stuff I wouldn't have the patience to try to learn. Really impressive shortcuts like this would be way too hard to pull off reliably.

Glazius posted:

I thought there was another 36-scroll something, near the 18-scroll teleporter. Or was that just a hint for the end of the game?

It's the same one that was in the very end, just a note to remind the player that they have at least met the bare minimum to proceed but something would probably happen if they had them 36 instead.

Smite fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 28, 2014

• Locked thread