Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
xenoblade was probably one of the most difficult wii games to emulate, so if you can handle it you can handle everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

dolphin used to need pretty high requirements.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

PS3 emulation is way too much trouble to gently caress with for no commercial gain

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Yeah, the PS3 architecture is so bizarre that even people with dev kits have trouble making poo poo work properly on it, nevermind trying to translate Cell calls to/from x86_64 in a reasonable amount of time.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

spacebrospiff posted:

dolphin used to need pretty high requirements.

I don't get a steady framerate in most games and I don't have any of the extra hardware like a bluetooth receiver or sensor bar, but if you have the processing power/extra cash running games at 2x resolution is always rad

Frank Horrigan posted:

Yeah, the PS3 architecture is so bizarre that even people with dev kits have trouble making poo poo work properly on it, nevermind trying to translate Cell calls to/from x86_64 in a reasonable amount of time.

I wasn't aware that anyone was even working on PS3 emulation

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Anatidaephobia posted:

I wasn't aware that anyone was even working on PS3 emulation

I'm sure some deminerd out there is doing it purely as proof-of-concept, but it's a completely fruitless endeavour with regards to actually playing games due to how alien the Cell processor's PPE architecture is compared to x86_64. I'll be surprised if computers 20 years from now can emulate PS3 titles at a decent speed.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Frank Horrigan posted:

I'm sure some deminerd out there is doing it purely as proof-of-concept, but it's a completely fruitless endeavour with regards to actually playing games due to how alien the Cell processor's PPE architecture is compared to x86_64. I'll be surprised if computers 20 years from now can emulate PS3 titles at a decent speed.

I looked it up

Wikipedia posted:

As of a March 7, 2014 release, RPCS3 is capable of emulating Arkedo Series - 02 SWAP!, Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice, and some homebrew projects to varying degrees of playability,[1] with several bugs present.[3]

of course getting anime games working was top priority

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

im 399 poorer and left without buying any physical games lol

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

spacebrospiff posted:

im 399 poorer and left without buying any physical games lol

Welcome to the 21st century.

Vhadka
Apr 30, 2009

Oh, I know that emulating the loving thing accurately is going to be nearly impossible, I would just love for it to happen. Hell, I'm amazed that anything is even slightly playable no matter what weird games the crazy nerds chose to focus on first.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Wii U.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Hell,

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

The Wii U is the only good current-gen console you retards. We've been over this again and again.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
but it doesn't have destiny, or soulcalibur

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

downloading the destiny beta now with my brand new gaming machine.

spacebrospiff
May 2, 2013

its gonna take like an hour what is this 2009?!

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Silver Alicorn posted:

but it doesn't have destiny, or soulcalibur

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soulcalibur_Legends :shrug:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the arkedo series is actually from french developers and is really simple ps mini type games so its not surprise they work, i have no excuse for them getting disgaea to work first, that is entirely them being weeaboos

• Locked thread