Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

fart simpson posted:

yah he told me if he fixed it he'd charge me like $10 but he couldnt fix it so he said i didnt need to pay him but i insisted to pay something because it took his time and i ended up giving him about $2

Did you give him the kb? If he's like me it's eating away at him, he knows it's probably not the chip, but he doesn't want to run new traces or whatever.

I bet he'd do more work on it and learn something new, later.... If later ever comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Oh my, a snipe! Well let me thank the academy and my wife, and my 3 cats for the opportunity to be here today.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

down1nit posted:

Did you give him the kb? If he's like me it's eating away at him, he knows it's probably not the chip, but he doesn't want to run new traces or whatever.

I bet he'd do more work on it and learn something new, later.... If later ever comes.

no, it’s just 2 keys that stopped working and i don’t have a spare keyboard. im just gonna keep using it until i get a replacement

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jabor posted:

it's more like "well over 100% humidity". the air is very humid and carrying a lot of water, and then something changes so that it can't hold that much water any more. that excess water has to go somewhere, and "condensing onto any available surface" is where it goes

when the same thing happens higher up in the atmosphere (where there aren't many surfaces to condense on) it's called "rain"

Fun fact: if you know the temperature and the dew point, you also know how high the clouds are.

Air can hold a certain amount of water vapor. Hot air can hold more water vapor than cold air. If hot moist air is cooled, the "extra" water condenses out. The temperature at which the air is fully saturated in a given combination of temperature, pressure, and humidity is the dew point.

The air gets colder as you get higher up. It happens at a constant rate everywhere in the world: 2 degrees Celsius or 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit per 1000 feet.

So if the temperature at the ground is 70 F, and the dew point is 55 F, you know that the bottom of the clouds, where the moisture first starts to condense, is about 4000 feet (15 degrees/3.6) above the ground.

:eng101: Impress your friends!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fart simpson posted:

everyone should have a friendly neighborhood electronics toucher

:hai: 20~30 years ago i live by a local shop that did repairs/sold pieces-parts and it was a great source for debugging physical issues and affordable upgrades

that also gave me the confidence to start popping open things and reseating loose plugs and buttons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
how accessible is augmented reality these days?

i have some ideas for built-in furniture for my house and a greenhouse and it would be extremely fun and mildly helpful to be able to look at them "in place" with AR, and i'd be designing them in blender anyway so it probably wouldn't be that hard to save the models as whatever filetype AR systems need. what does the process look like for something like this in 2024?