Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I've had pokemon on there from OG Ruby and bothered attending the events back when you needed to actually be there so some guy could give them from the event carts and you needed to give him a lovely pidgey or whatever. So my 11 year old pokemon are MIA and I'm now having the moral dilemma of buying the remakes because that would be like betraying the pokemon who have been with me through thick and thin even though they were under my bead for 9 years because I thought I lost that cart too.

I'm still not sold on the remakes and It's going to be a pain in the rear end recapturing all the pokemon ever since you apparently can't use the custom GTS servers anymore to get the event pokemon for anything before X and Y. That and I can't get back the history I had with them. I've got a Kyogre from a friend I had who gave it to me, and then he went back home and killed his wife and then shot himself that night. You can't duplicate things like that, that's what gives pokemon it's appeal.

I mean yeah if I get Alpha Sapphire I can get a new Kyogre but then I'll always be thinking to myself each time I take it out "you will never measure up to my murder suicide kyogre, you are just a pretender to the throne, and unworthy heir and if he was around you would just be sitting in a box right now with all my duplicate legendaries".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I can't find my original copy of Silver, :rip:

I've still got SoulSilver handy though

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
you hosed up

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I wanna know why Nintendo is so stingy in offering Arceus as an event pokemon to America. I mean there hasn't been an event legendary since launch. And there's no possible way to even get it in the previous games now.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

all our gen 1 pokemon are dead now

hth

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i think the gen 1 pokemon are still alive, at least some of them. all gen 2 pokemon are definitely dead at this point though. rip

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

all our gen 1 pokemon are dead now

hth

pokemons don't die :(

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I've had pokemon on there from OG Ruby and bothered attending the events back when you needed to actually be there so some guy could give them from the event carts and you needed to give him a lovely pidgey or whatever. So my 11 year old pokemon are MIA and I'm now having the moral dilemma of buying the remakes because that would be like betraying the pokemon who have been with me through thick and thin even though they were under my bead for 9 years because I thought I lost that cart too.

I'm still not sold on the remakes and It's going to be a pain in the rear end recapturing all the pokemon ever since you apparently can't use the custom GTS servers anymore to get the event pokemon for anything before X and Y. That and I can't get back the history I had with them. I've got a Kyogre from a friend I had who gave it to me, and then he went back home and killed his wife and then shot himself that night. You can't duplicate things like that, that's what gives pokemon it's appeal.

I mean yeah if I get Alpha Sapphire I can get a new Kyogre but then I'll always be thinking to myself each time I take it out "you will never measure up to my murder suicide kyogre, you are just a pretender to the throne, and unworthy heir and if he was around you would just be sitting in a box right now with all my duplicate legendaries".

y did you lose it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

wouldnt have happened if you got the eshop

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

i turned on my old blue cart and my save was gone, all my original pokemon are dead

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i agree op murder-suicides are what makes pokemon great :)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Tell that to the Cubone in Lavender Town.

The little internal battery thing on my cartridges for Pokemon Red and Silver are dead so my saves and that don't last.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sharrrk posted:

i think the gen 1 pokemon are still alive, at least some of them. all gen 2 pokemon are definitely dead at this point though. rip

whats the difference between the save batteries

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hope (actually I believe the gen 2 batteries ran out of power because the day/night cycle thing caused the internal battery to run out because it had to keep track of the time)

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

They're not real OP.

Pokemon are just a bunch of numbers.

Stop playing 15 way rock paper scissors.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Heran Bago posted:

They're not real OP.

They're real in my heart.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
i lost a milotic with a fuckton of ribbons once when a trade hosed up and cloned jirachi for some stupid reason
thats my pokemon Loss experience thank you for listening

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Lol you should've downloaded a digital copy

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

whats the difference between the save batteries

gen 2 games had a day/night cycle, which used the battery to keep track of time as well as holding the save file. made it die much faster than the gen 1 games.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I wanna be, the very best. Like no one ever wasssss, to catch them, is my real test. To train them is my caussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse.

*21 gun salute*

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
all gaming is for children, but you deffo cant be caught as a adult playing pokemon

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I hope you find your copy of Pokemon Y, op

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Foolicing posted:

all gaming is for children, but you deffo cant be caught as a adult playing pokemon

try saying that to all of the 20-somethings that are going through their 90s nostalgia phase right now

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

maybe you can play a good game now OP

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why was there never a way to transfer pokemon from gen 2 to gen 3? People could be playing with level 100 teams they had since the 90s.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Unguided posted:

Why was there never a way to transfer pokemon from gen 2 to gen 3? People could be playing with level 100 teams they had since the 90s.

They changed how the pokemon stats were made or something.

I checked my OG red, blue, and Gold copies. Gold is dead but red and blue are still going.

I think my Venusaur was on my gold cart, RIP SEED-HEAD.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yeah my yellow is still going strong but Silver's dead

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i have all of the og gameboy ones and i think ruby

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
lost my sapphire, what a shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

ya'll gonna make me lose my 'mon, up in hea, up in hea, ya'll gonna make me go all out,

• Locked thread