Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
i wonder if the NUMBERS! crowd got into pissing matches on the playground when talking about how jaguar was TECHNICALLY 32 bits and therefore the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

mode 7 is way better than blast processing. i mean that poo poo didnt even have a number on it so its 7-0. nintendowned

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
4k 120fps

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

It's all in the numbers.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

there's a pretty great episode of cosmos where Carl Sagan explains the googolplex you should all go watch it

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

01011001 posted:

mode 7 is way better than blast processing. i mean that poo poo didnt even have a number on it so its 7-0. nintendowned

this checks out

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i've got a 386 i can pretty much run all the great pc games, hexen, star trek 25th anniversary, yeah.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Here's a number for the Xbox:

One. As in, they named the third Xbox the Xbox One.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

mabels big day posted:

Here's a number for the Xbox:

One. As in, they named the third Xbox the Xbox One.

this is insane

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
a man struggles through a thick undergrowth in a dense jungle, covered in dirt and sweat. his clothing is torn. he pants heavily as he manically hacks away vegetation with a dull machete. his eyes, wild with purpose, scan the night sky. a distant roar startles him. he suddenly sees what he has been searching for. there, in a small copse, a pygmy plays dead rising 3 on a xbox one. the man charges towards him and, with the last of his strength, throws him on the ground before the pygmy. he looks up, eyes bleary, and croaks:

"Your experience is demonstrably less rich than mine by virtue of the numbers my own personal toy can output in comparison to yours."

and then he dies, a smile on his lips

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

matrix ripoff posted:

a man struggles through a thick undergrowth in a dense jungle, covered in dirt and sweat. his clothing is torn. he pants heavily as he manically hacks away vegetation with a dull machete. his eyes, wild with purpose, scan the night sky. a distant roar startles him. he suddenly sees what he has been searching for. there, in a small copse, a pygmy plays dead rising 3 on a xbox one. the man charges towards him and, with the last of his strength, throws him on the ground before the pygmy. he looks up, eyes bleary, and croaks:

"Your experience is demonstrably less rich than mine by virtue of the numbers my own personal toy can output in comparison to yours."

and then he dies, a smile on his lips

Same

program666
Aug 22, 2013

The numbers theme is going places

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

program666
Aug 22, 2013

PS4's at least 30% more powerful if not more. 40% if you do a direct TFLOPs comparison. GDDR5 is 2.5x faster than DDR3 (I'm sure the eSRAM would help some of that but it's still far from parity). Also, they don't mention here that PS4 has 4x the compute queues (64 compared to the Bone's 16), so that may stretch performance even more down the road.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

3 Million Bones?! How big is this drat Skeleton? Christ...

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i don't even think gravelord nito has that many bones

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hog Butcher posted:

this is what college prereqs are. my last semester:

western civs 2 was "sum up the chapter in 150 words"
summing up 100 years of russia's most complicated era was fun because mentioning any specific events got you a 15/15

c++ was for/if loops for a semester

eng 112 was forum posting for a semester and someone in my class was a devout catholic woman who unironically used things like "you bet your sweet bippie" and ranted about the government whenever possible. she thought the civil war was 70 years ago and we needed a repeat of it. there was also someone who thought xena the warrior princess was a mythological deity. 250 word maximum on forum post, 750 words on essay

music appreciation was an enriching course with an interesting subject and enjoyable assignments.

i did most of western civs 2 in an afternoon, was 4+ weeks ahead on c++, and eng 112 was low effort as hell. i brought my laptop on the one day a week i had to be on campus and played king's bounty, or i played my 3ds on the hour and a half transit

next semester's going to be pretty much the same thing but with java/higher c++/php/psychology.

so picking up a skill to get me out of fixed income is annoying aside from coding for wordpress and that market is _full_

Gas.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

abagofcheetos posted:

http://www.boerse-online.de/nachrichten/aktien/Sony-Aktie-Japaner-ziehen-in-Deutschland-mit-der-PS4-Microsofts-Xbox-One-davon-1000231563

quote:

Germany Hardware LTD

PS4: 540,000
Xbone: 170,000

PS3: 4,200,000
360: 2,100,000

Also apparently 2013 YTD was PS4 250k, Xbone 100k, meaning:

PS4: 290,000
Xbone: 70,000

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

program666 posted:

PS4's at least 30% more powerful if not more. 40% if you do a direct TFLOPs comparison. GDDR5 is 2.5x faster than DDR3 (I'm sure the eSRAM would help some of that but it's still far from parity). Also, they don't mention here that PS4 has 4x the compute queues (64 compared to the Bone's 16), so that may stretch performance even more down the road.
ur a teraflop

• Locked thread