Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

You know, I'm not sure. Continuing the same thread would be easier if you want to catch up on the whole series, and prevent the thread from being archived. How's this usually done?
I've seen a lot of people recently turn their threads for first games into Megathreads after interest sparked (like here), personally I've always been a fan of wrapping things up neatly, closing the first thread, letting baldurk archive the contents and starting a new one for the next game. It's really up to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'd say go ahead and archive the first game, and then start a new thread while linking the old one (and link the new thread from the old thread, too).

EDIT: vvv there might be a problem with the forum archives, but as far as I'm aware lparchive.org is perfectly healthy. In any case it'd serve as a backup of the forum content.

TooMuchAbstraction fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 17, 2014

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Actually, isn't there a problem with the archives right now? Maybe continuing on with this thread might be a good idea so it doesn't get eaten up. Or maybe they already fixed that in which case no worries.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The archive problems were fixed.

While megathreads are nice there is one reason why I wouldn't choose it lightly. If for whatever reason you don't finish the second game it will drag down this otherwise complete and very nice lp of the first game.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

The thread doesn't need to be finished for the lp of the first game to be put on lparchive though.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

I thought the issue was that you have to keep bumping the thread until it gets onto LPArchive, otherwise it will go into the messed-up forum archives and risk data loss?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
I think I'll just ask baldurk to archive this thread and start up a new one for Hand of Fate. As a reminder, that probably won't come up this week; I need a little break before starting that one up.

That does leave open the question of whether it's safe to let threads fall into archives yet.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I don't see a sticky saying "AHHH DON'T LET THINGS GET ARCHIVED" any more, so I'm guessing it's been fixed.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Personally I'd have suggested sticking with the same thread since the first game wasn't that long, but that's just me.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
If you do the whole series in one thread, it'll likely be archived as one LP. If you split it into multiple threads, it would make more sense to archive each one as its own LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psluuthor
Oct 29, 2011
I bought the second Kyrandia game recently based on what people in this thread were saying, but really wasn't that thrilled with it. The first couple parts of it were okay, albeit pretty mediocre and with a couple bits of unforgivable bullshit. But then you get into the second half and ugh, it becomes an utter shitfest.

• Locked thread