Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I had the PC version of this game as well, however it was virtually unplayable due to a couple of glitches that I never managed to fix.
I think it had to do with my videocard. It caused ingame movies to overlap (?) with the gameplay. So when you chase venom it would auto fail you since you couldn't make some of the jumps. There is another point later in the game where he somehow even managed to fall through the floor before the level properly loaded. :psyduck:
I did manage to glitch my way through it at some point by hammering the jump button, after that the level select was my hero.

Still, I loved this and I really liked the web slinging in it as well, too bad it's so short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

thetrueoskar posted:

I thought his web lasted 24 hours back in either the 60's or 90's cartoon? They must have changed it to an hour recently.

I found a site a few months ago where a scientist sat down and figured out exactly what the tensile strength, volume, elasticity and so on of his webs was. Wish I could find it again, it has a bunch of articles on other superheroes if they existed in real life, too. Also they got a marine professor to figure out how much radioactive urine Godzilla would expel per day (10 thousand gallons, I think it was?).

In the 90s cartoon, Spidey actually said "unlike real Spider Webbing, it dissolves in about an hour or so", if memory serves.

Maybe Godzilla went to outer-space to take a leak.

Darth TNT posted:

I had the PC version of this game as well, however it was virtually unplayable due to a couple of glitches that I never managed to fix.
I think it had to do with my videocard. It caused ingame movies to overlap (?) with the gameplay. So when you chase venom it would auto fail you since you couldn't make some of the jumps. There is another point later in the game where he somehow even managed to fall through the floor before the level properly loaded. :psyduck:
I did manage to glitch my way through it at some point by hammering the jump button, after that the level select was my hero.

Still, I loved this and I really liked the web slinging in it as well, too bad it's so short.

Ouch, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'd actually love to see footage of the game glitching out like that, for curiosity's sake.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, that's an uncomfortable plot development. I wonder if we'll have to fight other heroes taken over by Symbiotes?

Reed Richards has probably cooked something up that he isn't sharing.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

GamesAreSupernice posted:

In the 90s cartoon, Spidey actually said "unlike real Spider Webbing, it dissolves in about an hour or so", if memory serves.

Maybe Godzilla went to outer-space to take a leak.

Ouch, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'd actually love to see footage of the game glitching out like that, for curiosity's sake.

I don't think I can provide footage. I don't have that computer any more and I doubt this one has the same problems. Regardless, there was not much to see. Just the movie, followed by barely a second of a flash of the level followed by Venom taunting you. :shrug:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I remember playing this game when I was a kid. It was pretty tough, as I recall!

DSP also played through it and... well, 'nuff said.

I also recall that. I believe a similar explanation was given in Spectacular Spider-Man.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 18, 2014

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Mysterio gets the best portrayals in video games. I wonder if we'll see him in an ASM game before they shut down the whole franchise.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

DSP also played through it and... well, 'nuff said.
What's a DSP?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Pizdec posted:

What's a DSP?

DarkSydePhil. He's a YouTube LPer who's terrible at video games and also generally recognized as a terrible person.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Ah, this thread brings back memories. I only played the DC version, but I always loved the humour of it, especially the Venom chase, the scene after the Venom fight, and "Alligators in the sewers? Yeah right..." The gameplay wasn't bad either.

Pizdec posted:

Instead they used Rino Romano from the Spider-man Unlimited animated series, which was also referenced as a costume in this game and then in nothing else because it was an awful piece of poo poo.

I actually liked Unlimited.

Pizdec posted:

What's a DSP?

As said above, he is both terrible at games and at everything else. It's never his fault if something goes wrong and he's always quick to point the finger at anything but himself. If the end of the world happened and a group of people had to rebuild society with him, he'd be useless for anything other than whining, moaning, being a hypocrite, and would probably eat all the food and destroy the shelter before blaming someone else for it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

The final update to the main videos should (finally) be up either today or early tomorrow. My apologies to everyone.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

In this issue, we finally web things up and find out who's behind all this.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

John Liver
May 4, 2009

The New Game+ is really the best part of this game, because it's the silliest.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

John Liver posted:

The New Game+ is really the best part of this game, because it's the silliest.

The "What If?" mode really surprised me as a kid. This game had a lot of replay value for being so brief.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Let's look at some less than friendly ways Spidey could tackle his challenges in this short video.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

It's about time we finally track down those pesky comics.

Golden.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose the black suit is a decent New Game+ even without persistent upgrades, given how web-limited Spidey is normally.

Cool seeing the comic progression, thought I wish they were organized chronologically or at least given a publication date (unless I missed that).

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

We enter our last few videos with an attempt at a webless run of the game, on hard mode.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
How much web did you actually end up using? Rough estimate.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Glazius posted:

How much web did you actually end up using? Rough estimate.

I used a ton on Venom and Carnage. But if we're discounting them, then I used about 1 to 1 and a half cartridges.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

It's time for the final episode, where we look at, well... everything else.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I remember owning/playing this on the N64 and I could never beat it without cheating, cause I was a dumb babby. All the extra stuff is particularly mindblowing :psyduck:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I remember owning/playing this on the N64 and I could never beat it without cheating, cause I was a dumb babby. All the extra stuff is particularly mindblowing :psyduck:

Some of the easter eggs are fairly ridiculous, both in and outside of What-If? mode.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Some of the easter eggs are fairly ridiculous, both in and outside of What-If? mode.

No kidding! Thanks for showing it off, excited to see what your next project is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

No kidding! Thanks for showing it off, excited to see what your next project is.

I have two going at the moment.

• Locked thread