Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Look, right now we're all seeing a lot of good reasons why we all say that poo poo is hosed up and bullshit.

This thread isn't for that stuff.

This thread is for posting poo poo that makes you go gently caress YES ELFGAMES! :black101:
  • This hobby owns because in the past it's gotten me through rough spots where I didn't have a lot of other avenues to turn to.
  • This hobby owns because even though I'm busy as gently caress most of the time, there's a lot of PBP games going, and so I get to be in like 8 different games in 3 different systems. That is fuckin own as hell.
  • This hobby owns because:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

EVERLASTING: BOOK OF THE UNDEAD rules.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anything i touch, i'm like motherfucking midas

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This hobby owns because I've met most of my best friends through it.

It owns because it's a hell of a lot of fun to sit down with a bunch of friends and ad-lib a story with them as a break from academic writing and studies.

It's a ton of fun to sit around and watch people actually react to a story in person instead of just doing prose writing for a hobby, all sitting around to laugh about stuff and write about neat characters doing cool poo poo and sad Vikings.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
This hobby owns because after giving my friend the basics of how to assemble miniatures, he came up with this.

If you don't think Baron Von Shoulderpads doing a chaos dunk with a severed head isn't rad as gently caress then I dunno what crack you're smoking.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
The hobby is full of cool people doing awesome things. Eclipse Phase writers releasing their stuff under Creative Commons, Paizo Publishing sending a heartwarming message to a transgender fan, that DM in your school years who threw his heart and soul into making every session a weekend afternoon to remember.

Warm fuzzy feelings all around.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
This hobby owns because you can play it with little kids...

and they do awesome stuff.

One of my coworkers playtested my game and really enjoyed it, he ran it for his son and now they play it all the time, he says it's the best thing they do together. I'd like to take credit because my game is awesome, but I know that playing any game with your kids is great.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
You can get free pizza if you're an rear end in a top hat.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
All the assholes are sort of amusing to read about, when you're not forced to interact with them personally.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anything i touch, i'm like motherfucking midas
__________/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
Over the years we've role-played our way through some pretty crazy stuff, including saving the galaxy from the revived Terran Emperor's iron rule, saving the multiverse from a magic-wielding nanotech plague, killing the Mountain Witch, helping lost children find their way home, fighting corruption in the Mouse Guard, defeating the Atomic Man, and more. I've pretended to be a Hermetic warrior mage, a battle queen, an rear end in a top hat lawyer, a Victorian-era weeaboo, a cool dragon guy with a magic sword and a British accent, a mad warlock, and so on.

I got to be the translator of the first Japanese RPG ever released in English, which prepared me to translate one of the most unique Japanese RPGs there is. I've met a whole bunch of amazing people through this hobby, game designers and artists, and also just plain good friends. There's stuff on my shelf that has my name on it, and there's stuff on my shelf that reminds me of the fun I've had with friends.

• Locked thread