Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
not only was burnout paradise baller and continues to be so, but i actually had a lot of fun with the XBLA version and it was pretty sweet way of spending half an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

burnout paradise is an excellent game and street racing games continue attempting and failing to capture its essence to this day

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
forza horizon is paradise burnout without all the car wrecks

at which time you may ask what is the loving point but yeah FH is my goto racing game now and I'm bonermax for FH2 this fall, the only reason i still hang on to my Boner

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Burnout paradise is a very cool game that I have put many hours into, but it is most definitely not a burnout game. I just want to fight my friends with racecars in splitscreen, is that too much to ask?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

matrix ripoff posted:

forza horizon is paradise burnout without all the car wrecks

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lies, lies and slander!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

burnout 3 is still the best burnout game, still the best racing game, the motherfucking champion

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

deadwing posted:

burnout 3 is still the best burnout game, still the best racing game, the motherfucking champion

this

burnout paradise doesn't have splitscreen ergo it belongs in the trash

surc
Aug 17, 2004

deadwing posted:

This is the game that introduced me to burnout. It is a very good game, and I endorse this man's statement.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

surc posted:

This is the game that introduced me to burnout. It is a very good game, and I endorse this man's statement.

Burnout was atrocious, Burnout 2 was an acceptable game, Burnout 3 was a paragon of arcade racing design. It was like catching lightning in a bottle, there's just no way EA would supply the money needed for a game like that ever again, and Criterion/Ghost have shown they've got their heads so far up Frank Gibeau's rear end they'll never even try to make one.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

you know what would be dope is if somebody made a hockey game that didn't try so hard to have super realistic physics and the feeling of skating in mud but wasn't necessarily straight up arcadey like hitz. also passing that actually friggin worked, like the puck actually goes to the player you were pointing at. gently caress the nhl games

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
i love the nba 2k games but they kinda burned PC users this season. hoping the one in october owns bones

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

romanowski posted:

you know what would be dope is if somebody made a hockey game that didn't try so hard to have super realistic physics and the feeling of skating in mud but wasn't necessarily straight up arcadey like hitz. also passing that actually friggin worked, like the puck actually goes to the player you were pointing at. gently caress the nhl games

The NHL series has definitely gotten a lot more difficult. I would really enjoy it if they would put in a tournament mode that got rid of any momentum or scripting. Too many tying goals in the last minute of the third. This poo poo isn't Mario Kart, don't go handing out blue shells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Great Joe posted:

Burnout was atrocious, Burnout 2 was an acceptable game, Burnout 3 was a paragon of arcade racing design. It was like catching lightning in a bottle, there's just no way EA would supply the money needed for a game like that ever again, and Criterion/Ghost have shown they've got their heads so far up Frank Gibeau's rear end they'll never even try to make one.

agreed, burnout 3 owned

the us circuit racer gp event in that was loving ridiculous though. like something out of f-zero gx.

• Locked thread