Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My son (Brain cycles through moments where I applauded him on his Technical Proclivity's, his relative Intelligence to all the other dad's stupid rear end kid's, his independent world view, me and him being able to talk frankly to each other in a way probably deeper than, hell, most people at the bar or something, just think we can sit here and talk about Quantum Theory or whatever my Brillian son read from Michio Kaku last month and most people are just like, wow it's blowing there minds) plays Elder Scroll Online and posts his character's role playing backstories to people who don't actually read them, in a subforum of a forum where hapless adult men stumble over there own brains discussing one of the most useless activities in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Wormskull posted:

My son (Brain cycles through moments where I applauded him on his Technical Proclivity's, his relative Intelligence to all the other dad's stupid rear end kid's, his independent world view, me and him being able to talk frankly to each other in a way probably deeper than, hell, most people at the bar or something, just think we can sit here and talk about Quantum Theory or whatever my Brillian son read from Michio Kaku last month and most people are just like, wow it's blowing there minds) plays Elder Scroll Online and posts his character's role playing backstories to people who don't actually read them, in a subforum of a forum where hapless adult men stumble over there own brains discussing one of the most useless activities in the world.

that's all of us minus the smart and possibly the ESO part

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Michio Kaku is a shallow media whore and if you truly care nothing about your Elder Scrolls characters' backstories then so are you probably

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
lol goons really are a bunch of fuckups

and michio kaku is retarded

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

timp posted:

She used to play cool games like Castlevanias 1-4, Legend of Zelda, Tetris Attack, Dr. Mario... Goddamn, I've never known anybody who could even come close to my mom in Dr. Mario. She'd start on Lvl 20, high speed, and make it another 15-20 levels past that. I think 42 may have been her best but I can't remember. All I remember is how amazed I always was that she could do that. Tetris, too, just a beast at puzzle games.

Yeah...and now mom's desktop is littered with games with the word Saga inappropriately appended to the end of the title. :sigh:

And my final point: Game Gear owned except for the lovely game selection.

Same. She's always been pretty bad at games except for Tetris or any Tetris-clone at which point she turns into some kind of master. :psyduck:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

No Such Thing posted:

my dad played wow and max leveled a hunter without doing any quests

did he not know about them or just avoid it?

my dad used to play a lot of games. now he only gets into Bethesda stuff. dude spent a shitload of time on Skyrim, letting the xbox run while he did dishes so he could shoot fireballs at the giant he trapped in a doorway when he went through the room.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

My dad payed full price for Titanfall.

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.
My dad used to play Ogre Battle 64 Warcraft 2 on PSX. He also told me what items to buy when I was playing JRPGs cause I sucked at budgeting my money.

Now he just plays the shareware texas hold em garbage that you see on that CD rack in the checkout line at Walgreens. My mom plays a similarly off-brand farmville clone.

:(

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Now that's power.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
ogre battle 64 is ugly and impossible to play

i gladly paid a premium to have just the cart in my collection

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

My dad just retired so he smokes weed and pays civ

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Roctavian posted:

man I hope this is me when I retire getting hella fuckin high and playing Civ 23

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
my dad has literally never played a videogame before and he brought that up once while i playing playing GTA5 in the living room and part of me was gonna be like "you wanna have a go?" but the part of me that won was the part that was like "fucker can't you see i am BMXing off the top of a mountain here c'mon"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Grim posted:

my dad has literally never played a videogame before and he brought that up once while i playing playing GTA5 in the living room and part of me was gonna be like "you wanna have a go?" but the part of me that won was the part that was like "fucker can't you see i am BMXing off the top of a mountain here c'mon"

Wow. Way to hog the gaming from your own flesh and blood. You have serious problems and I question how much of a true gamer you are.

Dec 26, 2012

he brought it up because he totally wanted a go, dude, next time he does that let him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

My dad expressed interest in gaming with imp zone when I mentioned playing ut2k4 to him over the weekend :ohdear:

Roctavian posted:

Your dad has pretty much lived a successful life to be at that point. Like, drat what a good retirement.

• Locked thread