Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QCIC
Feb 10, 2011

die Stimme der Energie
Facepunch, the worst SA clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830

Dieting Hippo posted:

i remember when it was a romhacking board for like a year

MONSTER TRUCKS LOL

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
the safehouse, for everquest rogues

lol the memories

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

nomadologique posted:

the safehouse, for everquest rogues

lol the memories

so much drama came out of that hole, its poison spread through every EQ server

I was a warrior in EQ and the best warrior board was on IGN or something. it was actually really chill and productive, I remember the main mod was a female gnome warrior named Rautha, no doubt some old nerd who number crunched everything. taught me how to be one of the best tanks on my server

oh the eq guild Triton message boards were a laugh riot too, some quality trolling and flame wars there resulting in many hurt feelings. some of those dudes post on SA now too :ssh:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Mostly Smashing Pumpkins forums until I realised how much Billy Corgan is just a complete and total

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
are there actually still fans that try to defend billy? like every single SP fan i've talked to gave up on him and his antics years ago

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Jimson posted:

You should try and sell your gaia account. Have a friend who made like 500 bucks selling some limited edition angel wings item or some poo poo.

The angelic minis? I've got those and the nightmares. I have all the donation items from September 2003 to like, 2012 or something. :sigh:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

LifeSizePotato posted:

straight dope message boards. got tired of them being a bunch of cliquish spergy know-it-all thin-skinned crybabies

same

bunch of the most obnoxious oldbeards i've ever had the displeasure of reading - such whimsical, so intellect, so loving goony

one time, opalcat (who is dead now by the way) posted a thread whining about being trolled on aim or icq by jeff k, which was my first exposure to sa edit: jeet christ i'm old

sometimes when i get sick of the constant stream of goku/troon/cuck jokes on here (which is p. often lately), i think 'hm maybe i'll rejoin the sdmb' so i look at a couple of threads, then i immediately become irritated and leave

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Pseudonym posted:

same

bunch of the most obnoxious oldbeards i've ever had the displeasure of reading - such whimsical, so intellect, so loving goony

one time, opalcat (who is dead now by the way) posted a thread whining about being trolled on aim or icq by jeff k, which was my first exposure to sa edit: jeet christ i'm old

sometimes when i get sick of the constant stream of goku/troon/cuck jokes on here (which is p. often lately), i think 'hm maybe i'll rejoin the sdmb' so i look at a couple of threads, then i immediately become irritated and leave

During the SA outage, I checked it out again. Same old tired poo poo, same old tired losers. Tho' a lot of them have died.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Libelous Slander posted:

nintendorks.com

Same.

Way before that, ImagiNation Network, which probably shut down before some of you were born.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
neogaf

it's worse than the old GBS was

and that's saying something.

also nintendorks, n64cc (my first and fave forum)

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet

Germstore posted:

I used to post on the Something Awful forums. It basically turned into a transsexual support group, so I left.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
i joined gaiaonline when i was a kid and thought it was some kind of weird mmo. i'm still not totally convinced it isn't tbh

also drat, how did some of those forums exist? not sure how you'd have a thread about something like ddr, let alone an entire forum

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

I don't think so. Maybe that was ed? I remember him being really young. I was a mod when I was in high school.

Might be remembering me but I would have been 14-15 in 2001 when I was really active there, I know i was young but not that much younger than the rest of you

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Adult Swim forums, then 4chan, then some Animal Crossing forums but I was too afraid to ever trade with people so I may have posted like twice.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

QCIC posted:

Facepunch, the worst SA clone.

Same. The first time I tried to look at the SA forums I happened to look at FYAD so I was like that's loving weird. Months later I somehow ended up reading some random Games thread and it was of such incredibly high quality in comparison to Facepunch that I immediately bought an account and never looked back. What an awful place.

Oh also I posted a bunch on the Runescape forums when I was in junior high/high school, now THAT is a real shithole. I was pretty retarded too though so...

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE
As a stupid newbie, I cannot add anything of value to this thread.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Adar posted:

Pretty sure SirBruce hosed dogs unironically IRL

Also, Lum is a D&D poster now

To answer the question, definitely somethingawful dot com

E: yep I remembered him correctly, http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/brrxs/feds_bust_bestiality_operation_near_bellingham_wa/c0o9u1r

Lum played dominions 3 with goons for a while too, I think hes back to running video game forums now. It was weird playing map games with famous mmo blogger from 15 years ago whose forums i posted on in high school

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
I was into hobby level radio controlled cars and posted a bunch on the maxxtraxx forums. Pretty sure it's totally gone now.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I posted on the 3d realms forums after Duke Nukem 3D which was a cool game. So was shadow warrior and Max payne so I stayed there a while until what the company was doing became question marks. Then I lurked on irc channels until I regged on SA. Well, there is my gay story, bye

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
I used to post on the tranceaddict.com forums until I got banned for calling a fat couple in a photo someone posted, fat.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Posted on luelinks back when it was still fresh and actually had links.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Pandemic Forums.

So many heated discussions on Battlezone and BZ2 tactics, strategies - and whether exploiting programming flaws was legit or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Archer666 posted:

Posted on luelinks back when it was still fresh and actually had links.

so fresh so clean

• Locked thread