Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also if you dont think EC's crime/horror comics were big sellers at the time of the decency hearings you are basically an idiot who should stop fronting forever also things stopped being published because people stopped buying them????? theres a reason marvel was on the verge of shutting down before fantastic four #1 came out, kirby told a story about walking into the office and the movers were literally taking the furniture away while stan lee cried like a bitch (this is a way better version of the story than stan's self aggrandizing poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

also if you dont think EC's crime/horror comics were big sellers at the time of the decency hearings you are basically an idiot who should stop fronting forever also things stopped being published because people stopped buying them????? theres a reason marvel was on the verge of shutting down before fantastic four #1 came out, kirby told a story about walking into the office and the movers were literally taking the furniture away while stan lee cried like a bitch (this is a way better version of the story than stan's self aggrandizing poo poo)

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW

Literally The Worst posted:

also part of the problem right now irl in 2014 is that DC specifically is focusing on their base of 35-40 yo dudes and not even remotely attempting to entice other people to read their comics meanwhile ms marvel #1, about a muslim girl and written by a queer person, has gone to like seven or eight printings and sold even more than that in digital

the sooner theres no comic books left the better

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

poo poo's expensive. What's a standard comic cost these days? 4 or 5 bucks? For what, about 15 - 30 minutes of entertainment?

Also, bookstores don't seem to exist anymore.

Sandman is my fave series ever.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

redshirt posted:

poo poo's expensive. What's a standard comic cost these days? 4 or 5 bucks? For what, about 15 - 30 minutes of entertainment?

Also, bookstores don't seem to exist anymore.

Sandman is my fave series ever.

Brief Lives is my favorite arc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
only comics i read were my uncles old heavy metals, gantz and fist of the north star, and uh parasyte?

• Locked thread