Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

I usually use a Zoom field recorder to snag practices (both personal and with bands) and I really dig that but I'm really interested in picking something up to record some video along with the audio both for practice and performance. Granted, a few times so far using the Zoom with an iPhone or whatever works fairly well, but syncing the audio and video together sucks rear end and I don't want to have to fiddle with that poo poo so much.

I've been looking at the Zoom Q4 but some of the low-light reviews have scared me a bit. If it were somewhere along at LEAST iPhone 5s quality, I think that'd be pretty ok for the most part. I've also looked at the Zoom Q2HD but the form factor (and the mic) don't impress me at all (actually, the form factor irritates the poo poo out of me).

I know next to NOTHING about camcorders these days and I really don't want to blow a huge chunk on something (unless it's well worth it), I love the look of the Q4, and the mic arrangement (which looks near identical to my field recorder which works BEAUTIFULLY) looks good, but I just don't know if that's the best option.

You guys have any experience with capturing good video and care to advise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread