Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

Q2 had a great soundtrack, and great Sounds in general.

gently caress it, man. If you can't get Trent might as well get Rob!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Please do a Let's Play: Imp Zone. You know, where you post, and we all laugh and laugh.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Quake 2 was rad as hell and the only fps i ever got sorta good at

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

quake 2 is cool and i played it online a lot on a 56k modem. i hated playing against LBPs. to all the children reading that means low ping basterds!

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Famous TV Dad posted:

quake 2 is cool and i played it online a lot on a 56k modem. i hated playing against LBPs. to all the children reading that means low ping basterds!

I also did this. I played the first couple years of Q3 with dial up too.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
quake 2 was real fuckin mediocre

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Abandon posted:

quake 2 was real fuckin mediocre

I feel like it was much better for it's time but has not aged well, especially compared to quake1

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
everyone who experiences positive nostalgia for q2 probably didn't actually slog through the full campaign which will turn your soul brown

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i would play through the campaign for fun and use only the blaster the whole way

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
my point is you make your own fun

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

everyone who experiences positive nostalgia for q2 probably didn't actually slog through the full campaign which will turn your soul brown

I have played through the entire campaign on the PS1

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
quake 2 used to be cool back then but goddamn it did not age well. the graphics are a blurry mess of orange instead of eye-poppingly gorgeous, the "advanced ai" turned out to be a duck two enemies have that can be easily bypassed, the campaign is too slow compared to Q1, and the MP is a misfit that lacks q1's speed or q3's refinement. the big fps games released in 1998 blew it out of the water

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I play like this cause its not a smeared mess.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Borsche69 posted:

Q2 had a great soundtrack, and great Sounds in general.

i dont think ive ever played quake 2 with the music working

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

closeted republican posted:

quake 2 used to be cool back then but goddamn it did not age well. the graphics are a blurry mess of orange instead of eye-poppingly gorgeous, the "advanced ai" turned out to be a duck two enemies have that can be easily bypassed, the campaign is too slow compared to Q1, and the MP is a misfit that lacks q1's speed or q3's refinement. the big fps games released in 1998 blew it out of the water

unreal is the same poo poo just florescent green and pink instead of brown
half life is boring and murdered FPSes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HL1 is actually some win if you get a version without a speed limit.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

bhlaab posted:

i dont think ive ever played quake 2 with the music working

me neither

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Wormskull posted:

HL1 is actually some win if you get a version without a speed limit.

marathoning hl1 on hard after years away is still sick as gently caress

fuckin grunts man

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Didn't the game play a single short song per new level, and then immediately fall back to the same "ambient sounds" song that sounded like a rejected track from a discount spooky halloween fx cd? Man what a bad game that was.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Gimbal lock posted:

Didn't the game play a single short song per new level, and then immediately fall back to the same "ambient sounds" song that sounded like a rejected track from a discount spooky halloween fx cd? Man what a bad game that was.

Yeah this is why you hire trent reznor for your scary blips and bloops. Well, when he's drinking. Sober reznor doesn't make good music.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
quake 2 is the only quake in which enemy corpses gather flies therefore it owns

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Kazvall posted:

Yeah this is why you hire trent reznor for your scary blips and bloops. Well, when he's drinking. Sober reznor doesn't make good music.

johnny cash's version of the quake soundtrack was better

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

bhlaab posted:

johnny cash's version of the quake soundtrack was better

I wish so much that this was real

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

The best thing Quake 2 has going for it is the opening cinematic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Quake 2 looks like pixelated orange mud and is about as interesting as sandpaper

• Locked thread