Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
I should be receiving my box from broom today according to the tracking code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

From mrcowcow in CO

Dry Dock Signature Series Imperial Stout
Funkwerks Galaxy
Funkwerks Deceit
Dry Dock Apricot Blonde
Wynkoop Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout :stonk:
Ska Modus Hoperandi
Ska Rudie
Funkwerks Saison
Avery Rufus Corvus
Crooked Stave Vieille
Odell IPA
Odell St. Lupulin
Verboten Thinking of Something Orange
High Hops Barrel Aged Honeyed One

This is an A+ box filled both with a couple of things I enjoyed back when I still lived in CO (I do miss Funkwerks a great deal) and a couple new outfits I hadn't heard of before. It'll be great fun to explore. Great job! :tipshat:

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King

swickles posted:

Double post, but a bit of housekeeping. So far I have not seen the following people RECEIVE boxes:

Retemnev
SUPER HASSLER
Reaper Unreal
Iodie
americanzero4128
Jerome Louis
Catfish Noodlin
nosleep
Merkin Muffley
air-

If you are on this list and have received your box, please let me know! Also, if you haven't received, please don't worry, plenty of time to get a box. I just want to make sure I am up on my tracking. I know for sure several of these boxes have gone out.

edit: vvvv whoops added ya in!

Mine is delivered, I'm just on the other side of the country and can't pick it up until the weekend. :(

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

SUPER HASSLER posted:

From mrcowcow in CO

Dry Dock Signature Series Imperial Stout
Funkwerks Galaxy
Funkwerks Deceit
Dry Dock Apricot Blonde
Wynkoop Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout :stonk:
Ska Modus Hoperandi
Ska Rudie
Funkwerks Saison
Avery Rufus Corvus
Crooked Stave Vieille
Odell IPA
Odell St. Lupulin
Verboten Thinking of Something Orange
High Hops Barrel Aged Honeyed One

This is an A+ box filled both with a couple of things I enjoyed back when I still lived in CO (I do miss Funkwerks a great deal) and a couple new outfits I hadn't heard of before. It'll be great fun to explore. Great job! :tipshat:

Very nice. I remember fondly my box from mrcowcow last BIF

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Got my box from Catfish Noodlin

From left to right:
J Wakefield Brewing glass
Cigar City Happening Now session IPA
Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
Cigar City Puppy's Breath Porter
Cigar City Wandering Pelican Black Ale
Cigar City Invasion Pale Ale
Cigar City/Terrapin Southern Slice lager
Cigar City Cucumber Saison
Funky Buddha Blueberry Cobbler American wheat ale
Funky Buddha Iron & Barley Wine (aged in Cabernet barrels)
Cigar City Marshal Zhukov

Not pictured: another can of Invasion Pale Ale and 5(!) more cans of Jai Alai.

Holy poo poo dude, this box rocks! I know I messaged you when I got it, but wow, I am blown away. I already threw a Jai Alai in the fridge to enjoy after work. Thank you so much for sending the awesome Cigar City beers. They've been on my list as a brewery I've wanted to try more of. Plus, a kick rear end packing job; definitely going to reuse the 12 pack shipper for my next trade/BiF. Thank you for the great box!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Just picked up a kickass box from broom, outta WI!

Cigar City Jai Alai
Cigar City Puppy's Breath
Central Waters Scotch Ale
CW Cherry Stout
CW Barleywine
O'so Restless Soul
New Glarus Strawberry Rhubarb
NG Berliner Weiss
NG Oud Bruin
NG Scream
Black Husky Sparkly Eyes
TGB Golden Nugget
TGB PsuedoSue

drat! Super excited about all of these!

Retemnav fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 10, 2014

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Let the liquor do the thinkin'
My box from Podima arrived today 100% intact.

NEBCO Fat Ten-er (described as a Belgian table ale)
NEBCO Gandhi-Bot
NEBCO Attempted RedRum
Overshores Brewing Co. Triple Brun
Full Sail BBA Imperial Stout
Two Roads Roadsmary's Baby
Brooklyn Monster Ale (from Nov 2012)

I'm obviously super stoked for the NEBCO beers, especially Gandhi-Bot, and the Attempted RedRum sounds like a great barleywine. I've never had any of these so very happy with this box. I also really like the industrial strength packing foam that surrounded every beer. Thanks a bunch Podima!

nosleep fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 10, 2014

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Awesome, glad it all arrived ok! Definitely reuse that packing material if you can - it originally came from belgiuminabox and is nigh-impenetrable from my experience.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Zam posted:

Catfish Noodlin will be getting his box tomorrow as well.

It's been delivered safely, but I've been very busy and didn't get to pick it up from where I had it shipped. I will post it tomorrow.

americanzero4128 posted:

Holy poo poo dude, this box rocks! I know I messaged you when I got it, but wow, I am blown away. I already threw a Jai Alai in the fridge to enjoy after work. Thank you so much for sending the awesome Cigar City beers. They've been on my list as a brewery I've wanted to try more of. Plus, a kick rear end packing job; definitely going to reuse the 12 pack shipper for my next trade/BiF. Thank you for the great box!

I'm glad you liked it, I'll send my omitted write-up shortly.

broom
Aug 29, 2005

Retemnav posted:

Just picked up a kickass box from broom, outta WI!

Cigar City Jai Alai
Cigar City Puppy's Breath
Central Waters Scotch Ale
CW Cherry Stout
CW Barleywine
O'so Restless Soul
New Glarus Strawberry Rhubarb
NG Berliner Weiss
NG Oud Bruin
NG Scream
Black Husky Sparkly Eyes
TGB Golden Nugget
TGB PsuedoSue

drat! Super excited about all of these!

Enjoy!

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

I definitely will. Got a taste of the Strawberry Rhubarb at the bottle share before Foothill's Sexual Chocolate release last Saturday and it was amazing. Besides that, I've tasted Jai Alai and the NG Berliner at other shares but I've not had any of the others. I'm especially stoked to try the TGD and Central Waters! I've been on a no beer diet for 2 weeks because of some GI issues (obviously I cheated a little at the BASC release), but that should be finished this Friday and psuedoSue is going to be my "welcome back to beer" beer.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I received this box from Zam:

From left to right: Smog City Coffee Porter, Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout, Alesmith BA Old Numbskull, Firestone/3F Old Leghorn, Firestone Bretta Weisse, Mammoth Double Nut Brown, Almanac Farmer Reserve Citrus and Heirloom Pumpkin, Modern Times Blazing World, Fortunate Island, Blackhouse, and Lomaland.

It's like someone gave me Pentothal and I wrote a detailed description of what I like and it got filled by someone very well versed in their local beer. I'm thrilled with this box, and I'm really hoping I can win a box from Zam for the Beer League.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 11, 2014

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
that's BA Old Numbskull, right?

also, lol at:

Catfish Noodlin posted:

It's like someone gave me Pentothal and I wrote a detailed description of what I like and it got filled by someone very well versed in their local beer.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
[quote="funkybottoms" post="434715249"]
that's BA Old Numbskull, right?

Sure looks it.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Whoops, duly amended

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Awesome boxes guys! Now, unless my math is wrong the following people have not received boxes:

Iodie
Jerome Louis
Merkin Muffley
air-

The only one that hasn't told me or posted that they shipped is the sender for Jerome Louis. Everyone should be getting their box soon.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

swickles posted:

Awesome boxes guys! Now, unless my math is wrong the following people have not received boxes:

Iodie
Jerome Louis
Merkin Muffley
air-

The only one that hasn't told me or posted that they shipped is the sender for Jerome Louis. Everyone should be getting their box soon.

Merkin has received his box, he/she/it just hasn't posted it. Confirmed via pm

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Shooting Blanks posted:

Merkin has received his box, he/she/it just hasn't posted it. Confirmed via pm

Coolio.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

I decided to just see how things would go last week before speaking up. Anyway, I haven't gotten a box nor have I heard from my sender.

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King
Got back from the other side of the country so I drove to another country to pick up air-'s package for me. Just... holy poo poo.

Lakewood The Temptress
New Glarus Oud Bruin
Boulevard Love Child #4 :swoon:
Jester King Das Überkind
Prairie Artisan Ales Cherry Funk
Real Ale 18th Anniversary Gose

air- somehow managed to fulfil some of my wildest dreams. Made the drive to Buffalo worth it.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

air- posted:

I decided to just see how things would go last week before speaking up. Anyway, I haven't gotten a box nor have I heard from my sender.

pitchforks and torches...?

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
I've heard from my guy that he's been busy and will ship out soon

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

air- posted:

I got an e-mail from him last week saying he was going to ship the following day. I just sent an e-mail to him asking if he did indeed ship. Guy has successfully participated before, so I am confident it just hasn't gotten there yet. Will update you when I can.

lodie
Feb 8, 2004

air- posted:

It will be sent out tomorrow morning from Houston. I had posted earlier in the thread asking why you were my BIFee given our distributions. I did get lost in work and emailed Swickles to make sure that you were still my BIFee after no further update and the only response I got was asking if I had sent the package yet (yesterday).

lodie
Feb 8, 2004
A few days ago I received a box from an unknown person in Delaware:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/smCCZVQ.jpg?1][/img]

And the beers:
Heady Topper
Evolution Migration Series Fall 2013
Evolution Menagerie #8
Jack's Abby Berliner Style Lager
Lavery Liopard Oir
Yards Trubbel de Yards

I've never had Heady before and am pretty happy about that. There also seems to be a good amount of funk in the box which is exciting. The box itself was really well put together too.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

lodie posted:

It will be sent out tomorrow morning from Houston. I had posted earlier in the thread asking why you were my BIFee given our distributions. I did get lost in work and emailed Swickles to make sure that you were still my BIFee after no further update and the only response I got was asking if I had sent the package yet (yesterday).

I'm going to Houston this weekend actually and if you happen to see this, PM me if you wanna meet up in person to save money on shipping.

e: your box looks like it's from cryme

air- fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Sep 17, 2014

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh.

Iodie/air-, full transparency - your pairing up is probably my fault. I think what happened is I forgot to include air- on my list of previous BiFfees in the google signup form (can't check though, obviously), and so got assigned him again this go-round. Swickles did the best he could by swapping me with Iodie's assignment, since at that point Iodie hadn't gotten his yet due to needing an email address. Unfortunately, that ended up with you two being in the same distribution region :(

Really, really sorry about that - air-, if we ever end up doing a trade, I'll try to make it up to you since you're getting a little unfairly screwed by this.

Iodie, don't let this scare you off of future BiFs - they're still lots of fun, and Swickles did a great job taking this one over from LeafHouse!

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Box from Iodie made it.

Buffalo Bayou: 1836, More Cowbell, Gingerbread Stout
St. Arnold: Endeavour, Boiler Room, DR14, BB3
Prairie Bomb
Growler of Texian Charlie Foxtrot

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Yo air- if you're gonna be in Houston this weekend and want to grab a pint, let me know. Most of my plans are on Sunday or in the morning so I'd be game, if you've got some free time.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Anyone else not received their box? Still waiting on mine

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

Jerome Louis posted:

Anyone else not received their box? Still waiting on mine

That sucks. Who's being a dick?

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
Well Merkin Muffley has been messaging me a bit during the process saying he's been super busy at work and what not, last week he told me the box was shipping out last Monday and I should receive it later in the week, I asked for the tracking number so I can be sure to grab the box cus I haven't been home much recently and haven't heard back, no box either. He said he knows it's been a bit shady so he sent Swickles a pic of his box, did you get that pic Swickles?

I know he's been busy and stuff but if you have the box put together you can just schedule a pickup at your house from Fedex or UPS.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, he sent me a pic.

Don't click unless you want spoilers.

http://instagram.com/p/tO254JKejp/

Also, he said it was going out one week ago, so it should be there soon. I will PM and ask for a tracking number.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I have a tracking number for you if you want it Jerome, but your box is on the way.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

got lots of cool beers from Merkin

Jackie O's Mystic Mama IPA
Anderson Valley Gose
West Sixth Cocoa Porter
Madtree PsycHopathy IPA
Rivertown Robust Porter
Brew Kettle White Rajah IPA
Ei8ht Ball Brewing IPA growler
Rhinegeist Truth IPA growler
Rhinegeist Fiction Belgian pale growler
Listermann Brewing An Audit Ale
Rivertown Ville De Rivere Geuze 2012
Rivertown Lambic 2013
Rivertown Ojos Negros 2013

really cool stuff, can't wait to try these! Thanks for coming through, and coming through in a big way, love the variety.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I believe this concludes the final BIF! Thank you to everyone who participated!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Jerome Louis posted:

got lots of cool beers from Merkin

what's the other one, though, hmmm?

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice

funkybottoms posted:

what's the other one, though, hmmm?

Oh whoops that's Brettish Bulldog from Against the Grain. Merkin didn't mess around he hooked it up for real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007

swickles posted:

I believe this concludes the final BIF! Thank you to everyone who participated!

Awesome, and thanks for running it swickles!

• Locked thread