Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Trip report:

It's pretty great, very, *very* soft with a crisp and chewy crust that gives up more sour the longer you chew. Would be even better toasted.
For the next one i'll switch the wheat and rye amounts, and maybe leave it in the fridge another 12-24 hours for the starter to feel even better about itself.
A- would recommend.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

I'm to understand y'all like sourdough rye.

hell yeah

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

Trip report:

It's pretty great, very, *very* soft with a crisp and chewy crust that gives up more sour the longer you chew. Would be even better toasted.
For the next one i'll switch the wheat and rye amounts, and maybe leave it in the fridge another 12-24 hours for the starter to feel even better about itself.
A- would recommend.

hell yeah

Bo-Pepper posted:

It's criminal how I haven't been posting in this thread. Since I moved I have access to a much nicer kitchen and have been doing a lot of fun cooking projects. I have a smoker now! Some things have been great and some need improvement.

Here's some pics of meat!

I haven't just cooked meat but seem that's all I've photographed.

nice meats

poverty goat

it's winter now apparently so yesterday i made chicken soup w/ stock i made the day before in my NEW 27qt pressure cooker

e: i grew the dill in a jar with science, here it is

Escape From Noise

I started on some rum and bourbon based vanilla extracts last night.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

poverty goat posted:

it's winter now apparently so yesterday i made chicken soup w/ stock i made the day before in my NEW 27qt pressure cooker

e: i grew the dill in a jar with science, here it is

27 quarts of pressure cooker?!?! that's like twice the size of my biggest baby boiler, and that's already a big pot!!

also post that dog, cute lookin dog

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

27 quarts of pressure cooker?!?! that's like twice the size of my biggest baby boiler, and that's already a big pot!!

boiling babies is so 2021 :lofty:

Escape From Noise

Loco & Moco: Tokyo Drift

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Escape From Noise posted:

Loco & Moco: Tokyo Drift

Lovely!

Here are this morning’s breakfast potatoes.

Escape From Noise

Bo-Pepper posted:

Lovely!

Here are this morning’s breakfast potatoes.

Oh man! Those look really nice!

Finger Prince

No pics but I just made sorta kalbi ribs in the instant pot and holy drat they turned out good. I made a marinade with soy sauce, coconut flower syrup, a grated black garlic bulb, some 5 spice and then equal volume water, chucked it in the pot with 5 three-bone short ribs maybe 1cm thick each (400g total according to the package), put on "meat/stew" for 20 minutes and let it do a slow release. Came out so tender and infused with the marinade, they were delicious! And did I mention tender? Like cut them with a fork. So easy!

poverty goat

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Areola Grande

I can almost hear the beagle cry now :3:

poverty goat

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Areola Grande

:worship:

Finger Prince

I made pulled pork in my instant pot today. Turned out really excellent! The sauce I made for it could use some work, it's tasty, but not quite what I had in mind.
Yesterday I rubbed 2lbs of pork shoulder with some Chinese bbq seasoning, then made a marinade primarily of a container of whole foods pineapple salsa that needed using up, one (1) rehydrated guajillo pepper, various spices and stuff, and some strong cider.
Marinated for about a day in the fridge, then washed off the marinade, seared the pork in a pan, added it and the washed off marinade into the instant pot and put it on "meat" for an hour, and let the pressure drop off naturally.
Then I strained the liquid, skimmed off the fat (saved that for making refritos), added a bunch of stuff including more cider, reduced it by 2/3, and added that back into the meat while pulling apart.
It took a bit of time, but it was very low effort, and the meat turned out perfect and tender. Instant pot rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I steamed some artichokes for dinner tonight. Unfortunately I wasn't keeping an eye on it and the pot boiled dry. The pot had some sort of paint-like coating, which melted and fused the pot to the burner. Also ruined my steamer. The artichokes were ok, but slightly underdone. Looks like I'm going pot shopping this week.