Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
What with the global warming and such I think I'd rather prefer a place far away from any large body of water. I've always kind of wanted a little place in the Rockies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Zzulu posted:

Will I be robbed and rapemurdered if I go to any large american city? I hear you have a lot of robberies rapes and murders

I have never been raped and I have only been robbed 4 times, so you will probably be ok.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
It is hilarious when you go to Europe and someone tries to take your wallet and they don't even have a weapon.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah i live in a poor lovely east coast city and i've only been mugged once which i think is pretty good tbh.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
assend a hoboken probs but i aint got much imagination

u sp33k l33t br0
Sep 12, 2007

Who Doesn't Like Intercourse?
Soiled Meat
Bottom of the ocean.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

:911:AMERICA:911:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Switzerland, New Zealand, Britain, Spain, Italy, or Norway.

any would suffice

New Zealand is pretty poo poo, honestly. Spain sounds nice though.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Zzulu posted:

What is the best place in America for a tourist to go

The Grand Canyon. Practically no chance of getting robbed, raped, or murdered there. I'm pretty sure I saw the Westboro Baptist Church car in the parking lot but no rapists.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
In Newt Gingrich's Moon Base!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

RideTheSpiral posted:

in teh goatmnas butt

same

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Probably Sweden or Norway for being admittedly as cool as Canada but probably even cooler due to vikings.

EDIT: Also I kind of like the cold.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i once signed up for a weekly newsletter from new zealands immigration authority because i have a pipe dream fantasy of living there

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
If I had money ... probably NYC or Seattle, somewhere cool like that. San Fran maybe.

If I didn't, Scandinavia.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm a misanthropic shut-in so wherever there's fast internet and low cost-of-living would be ideal.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

um probably where im surrounded by my friends and loved ones, living comfortably with plenty of opportunity, so i guess right here is pretty swell! thanks for the perspective op :)

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Wherever I have to deal with the minimum number of Australians possible.

So probably a place where everyone's forced to be literate.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

australia is pretty cool except for the bugs and murderous boat people policies

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

BlueChocolate posted:

antarctica

i like being alone

hope you enjoy living jammed together with other people while relying on a network of yet more people to get supplies

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

your moms Snatch

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Maoist Pussy posted:

It is hilarious when you go to Europe and someone tries to take your wallet and they don't even have a weapon.

That happened to me in Paris I was laughing my rear end off the second I realized he wasn't armed and told him to gently caress off in his gay little non-gunhaving French language.

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
chris pratt's taint, preferably sweaty!

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

Robbie Fowler posted:

If I had money ... probably NYC or Seattle, somewhere cool like that.

Seattle's dirty little secret is that it's actually a pretty boring, unattractive city for its size. Except for the close proximity to beautiful scenery.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Fandyien posted:

australia is pretty cool

nope

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
A cabin in the Canadian Rockies. Absolutely breathtaking scenery.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

tango alpha delta posted:

A cabin in the Canadian Rockies. Absolutely breathtaking scenery.
good the perfect place for me to get you :twisted:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i would live where i live now. which owns, when you think about it

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

baw posted:

i would live where i live now. which owns, when you think about it

oh you and your bacha bazi addiction

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

THS posted:

oh you and your bacha bazi addiction
he's a dance connoisseur. please don't shame him.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

i had to google that

apparently it is on the list of things that the taliban considers "not cool"

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Norway; gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... gently caress

or actual interesting option: big-rear end spooky crack den in the middle of the Thames
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fed-up-noisy-neighbours-bombproof-4048992

True fact about Norway, don't unspoiler if you want to live in a fantasy world
we are the least viking-y people on the face of this planet

Not that I come to think of it, we all act like a bunch of mild-mannered, slightly annoyed grandpas from an early age.

Grei Skuring fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 15, 2014

baw
Nov 5, 2008

In December 2010 a cable made public by WikiLeaks revealed that foreign contractors from DynCorp had spent money on bacha bazi in northern Afghanistan. Afghan interior minister Mohammad Hanif Atmar requested that the US military assume control over DynCorp training centers in response, but the US embassy claimed that this was not "legally possible under the DynCorp contract".[8]

In December 2012, a young man kept in an "improper relationship" by a border guard commander killed eight guards.[26][27]

being a bacha bazi enthusiast seems risky, unless you are an american contractor

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

a hole-y ghost posted:

good the perfect place for me to get you :twisted:

British Columbia and Alberta are loving huge. Texas is a little bigger than Alberta, but smaller than BC. That's a lot of ground to cover. You'll have to watch out for elk, bears, coyotes and wolves as well.

I'll have some Spring Bocks in the cooler and back bacon and moose burgers on the grill if you can make it though.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Grei Skuring posted:

Not that I come to think of it, we all act like a bunch of mild-mannered, slightly annoyed grandpas from an early age.

Eh, it's true.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
your mom's house

Rock the boat
Jul 6, 2014

Grei Skuring posted:

Norway; gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu... gently caress

or actual interesting option: big-rear end spooky crack den in the middle of the Thames
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fed-up-noisy-neighbours-bombproof-4048992

This. Stay out of Norway, unless you really fancy the idea of spending 10 dollar a pop on decent beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Madagascar, but everyone except my "staff" has to leave first.

• Locked thread