Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Tim Rogers is a guy who writes about video games. He also does things like read books, think, and not breathe through his mouth. Because of this his articles about video games are better than anyone else's. His articles are often elaborate jokes. Some people do not understand these jokes, and do not like him, and call him mean names like hipster or pretentious rear end in a top hat. He does not have any respect for rating games, so in his reviews the score that he gives games is often bizarre or nonsensical, which upsets fans of these games. Tim has made a few video games, like Ziggurat, which I enjoy.

Tim is a beautiful man and I would like to rub my penis in, on, and around his body. You can read articles that he has written at https://actionbutton.net.

Pioneer ideas from Tim:
•the action button
•ludonarrative dissonance
•doing other things with your life than playing video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This guy is a dumbass, OP.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

zen death robot posted:

I don't know who he is but I have already judged him harshly by his photograph

you may enjoy judging other photos of him from this kotaku article, which is quite good: http://kotaku.com/5843886/i-got-my-fashion-sense-from-video-games-and-you-can-too

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
yeah I'd make out w/ him at a party or whatever

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

zen death robot posted:

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

reminds me of the dude that made fez

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

zen death robot posted:

hes really cool

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Nanomashoes posted:

you may enjoy judging other photos of him from this kotaku article, which is quite good: http://kotaku.com/5843886/i-got-my-fashion-sense-from-video-games-and-you-can-too

drat he looks like a faggy twig boy

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
(I must point out somewhere in this thing that I am not a hipster—I am the proto-hipster. I am the guy all of the hipsters are ripping off.)

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

LaTex Fetish posted:

reminds me of the dude that made fez

phil fish has a rather large ego and sense of self-importance, whereas Tim is a humble guy that makes fun of himself a lot.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

(I must point out somewhere in this thing that I am not a hipster—I am the proto-hipster. I am the guy all of the hipsters are ripping off.)

are you tim?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le_mG6b3DBs

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Wormskull posted:

This guy is a dumbass, OP.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUwtuEn65OY&t=30s

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

LaTex Fetish posted:

are you tim?

yes. AMA

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The thing about Tim Rogers is that yeah he kinda writes like an rear end in a top hat and he definitely dresses like an rear end in a top hat but he's got good, correct opinions about what games are good. He's also pretty much the only person who professionally writes about video games who is willing to say true things about bad games released by big-name devs. (Go look at his FF13 and SSB:B reviews if you can stomach his writing style.) So he's okay in my book.

Also if you just realize that reading a "review" or really any article about Tim Rogers is basically going to be reading something that is 90% tangentially related to the actual subject, you can just sit back and enjoy it because tbh I think he's pretty funny

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

The thing about Tim Rogers is that yeah he kinda writes like an rear end in a top hat and he definitely dresses like an rear end in a top hat but he's got good, correct opinions about what games are good. He's also pretty much the only person who professionally writes about video games who is willing to say true things about bad games released by big-name devs. (Go look at his FF13 and SSB:B reviews if you can stomach his writing style.) So he's okay in my book.

Also if you just realize that reading a "review" or really any article about Tim Rogers is basically going to be reading something that is 90% tangentially related to the actual subject, you can just sit back and enjoy it because tbh I think he's pretty funny

I don't really think he writes like an rear end in a top hat but he is usually right and can always back up his opinions with a well reasoned argument and that right there makes him 100% better than any other games writer.

Dec 26, 2012

http://www.actionbutton.net/?p=1076 all i really remember about him was this article and the other one thats linked somewhere inside it about the same thing. it takes forever because he has a tendency to be incredibly indulgent but its a good read if you can get past the bullshit

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tim Rogers is the worst man in gaming journalism.

Which should tell you a lot.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Sorry but Jim Sterling is a far superior obnoxious hack game journo

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Silver Alicorn posted:

yeah I'd make out w/ him at a party or whatever

LOl! Being gay is epic for the lulz!

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
Tim Rogers has correct opinions on video games, IMO

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
Elliot Rodgers fan club.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Nihnoz posted:

Elliot Rodgers fan club.

dont ever take creatine friends

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Ziggurat is the poo poo

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

JethroMcB posted:

Ziggurat is poo poo

its so slow to fire its awful, gotta pull back on the stupid thing, thats just loving terrible there's too much to do i just want to kill things ziggurat is terrible

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Hoodrich posted:

LOl! Being gay is epic for the lulz!

It's pretty epic. but I don't do it for the lolz, it's just who I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americong
May 29, 2013

guy looks like my favorite brand of twink op

• Locked thread