Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I'm done with iTunes after it randomly jumbled my entire music library into a single folder. (I had a backup to restore from.)
Winamp is dead, and Foobar is kind of intense.

I'm just looking for something I can point to my music folder, and play without having to jerk off over my interface for an hour.
As tribute for this knowledge I offer this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4uWXRmxFs8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Have you tried iTunes on OSX?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

pram posted:

Have you tried iTunes on OSX?

I have! It's terrible.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Use steam.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Use iTunes and either don't ask it to Consolidate Library, or give up on sperging about the exact structure of your pirated mp3 files on disk and let it handle everything.

PUBLIC TOILET
Jun 13, 2009

I just use MediaMonkey.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Winamp is still available and works fine, or the Foobar thread could probably help you tame it. I think Winamp remains the correct answer.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Musicbee is good, try that.

Earl of Lavender
Jul 29, 2007

This is not my beautiful house!!

This is not my beautiful wife!!!
Pillbug
Foobar is as intense as you'd like it to be. In the Quick Setup it gives you when you first start it, I just selected the top layout option, selected the Dark Grey Orange colour scheme, and I was done.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast
I use J River Media Center, but it's most likely overly beefy for your needs, and a bit spendy. Still, I like it.

Antigen v2.0
May 16, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, what exactly is dead about Winamp? You'll never be playing a FLAC file in iTunes and it's obviously a piece of poo poo, whereas Winamp still works perfectly and is lightning fast. What more development work does it really need pray tell?

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!
I've been using MusicBee for a couple of years now. It's rather good!

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

I payed for a copy of MediaMonkey a while ago and have been happily using it for years now.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

MediaMonkey is my favorite by far- it works well with large music libraries and hits the right sweet spot between "works well/looks nice out of the box" and "is extremely configurable." The paid version is not necessary unless you are a major sperg about how your music is organized.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Kryopsis posted:

I've been using MusicBee for a couple of years now. It's rather good!

I really like MusicBee, it's pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Thanks!

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

MediaMonkey is my favorite by far- it works well with large music libraries and hits the right sweet spot between "works well/looks nice out of the box" and "is extremely configurable." The paid version is not necessary unless you are a major sperg about how your music is organized.

I'm a pretty big sperg, so I may try it too. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I use the default Music player with Windows 8 since it has connected standby support (which means I can put my tablet to sleep and it still plays music). Not the greatest program in the world but it's pretty decent once you turn off all the settings that mess with your files and point it to a folder.

And if you press the little minus box, it brings it out to alphabet so it's pretty easy to jump around if you have a lot of music.

• Locked thread